Weekend game deals: 33-66% off Saints Row, Rage, Deus Ex, more

By on December 23, 2011, 2:51 PM

As expected, Valve and its cohorts have prepared a veritable pantheon of game deals for the holidays. We've included a list of Steam's notable daily deals, which will be replaced tomorrow morning with a fresh set of mega-sales. If you'd rather not wait for titles to appear on the front page, you'll find hundreds of static discounts via the Holiday Bundle Packs and Publisher Catalogs. Naturally, GamersGate, GameStop, Good Old Games and others have joined the merriments with their own promotional offerings.

Steam
76 Rage $14.99 (50% off)
83 Saints Row: The Third $33.49 (33% off)
86 Dirt 3 $16.99 (66% off)
76 From Dust $7.49 (50% off)
67 Aliens vs. Predator $3.99 (80% off)
77 Back to the Future: The Game $9.99 (60% off)
75 Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 $3.49 (90% off)
83 AudioSurf $2.49 (75% off)
86 Frozen Synapse $3.74 (75% off)
65 Cities XL 2012 $19.99 (50% off)
E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy $2.49 (75% off)
Holiday Bundle Packs
Publisher Catalogs
More...

GamersGate
68  Need for Speed: The Run $29.95 (40% off)
87  Sid Meier's Civilization V $10.18 (66% off)
79  Metro 2033 $9.98 (50% off)
82  Just Cause 2 $11.97 (40% off)
88  Grand Theft Auto Complete $24.98 (50% off)
88  Total War Shogun 2 $14.98 (50% off)
82  Empire & Napoleon Total War $14.98 (50% off)
82  Dungeon Defenders $7.50 (50% off)
88  Deus Ex: Human Revolution $16.98 (66% off)
75  Two Worlds 2 $14.98 (50% off)
76  Magicka $3.40 (66% off)
75  Dead Island $26.77 (33% off)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $19.98 (50% off)
More...

GameStop
83 Crysis Bundle $43.97 (60% off)
84 Resident Evil 5 $9.99 (50% off)
90 Street Fighter IV $4.99 (75% off)
90 Dragon Age Bundle $23.97 (60% off)
90 Plants vs. Zombies GotY $4.97 (50% off)
82 Mafia II $7.49 (75% off)
60 Dark Void $2.99 (75% off)
68 Dungeon Siege III $24.99 (50% off)
82 L.A. Noire: The Compete Edition $33.49 (33% off)
89 Dead Space Bundle $19.99 (60% off)
Grand Theft Auto IV $4.99 (75% off)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas $3.74 (75% off)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $2.49 (75% off)
More...

Direct2Drive
71 Nuclear Dawn $12.50 (50% off)
79 Dragon Age II $4.95 (75% off)
74 Dark Fall: Lost Souls $6.50 (35% off)
73 Buy Cities in Motion get six DLC packs free $19.95
Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok $4.95 (50% off)
More...

Origin
89 Dead Space 2 $9.99 (50% off)
90 Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition $9.99 (66% off)
80 Need for Speed: Shift 2 - Unleashed $9.99 (50% off)
81 Bulletstorm $9.99 (50% off)
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition $9.99 (50% off)
The SimCity Box $9.99 (50% off)
More...

Good Old Games
50% off most titles

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

Arggggh! Steam is killing me! I don't have the money for all these games I've been buying.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Did you pick anything up? I'm tempted to grab Deus Ex but I already have too many unplayed games .

Leeky Leeky said:

I'm the same as you guys. Added two games to the cart yesterday but then decided against it as I'm just not playing any of these games I keep buying in Steam's sales.

Though its proving more difficult than I imagined to resist the urge to get a few games....Oh well, off to see family tomorrow and my laptop is remaining at home... Must resist the urge...

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Deus Ex rocks - an awesome game. If it weren't for Skyrim, it would be the best game I've played this year.

Kinda eyeballing Rage. I know it got so-so reviews, but it's been patched several times since, so thinking now would be the time to pick it up.

treetops treetops said:

I just got into the dota 2 beta last week, its pretty much a finely polished dota 1 but its still fun. I don't if its just me but the older I get the harder it seems to be to get the least bit interested in a game. From dust looks good im going to try to find a demo. Any new unique game genres out there? I feel like if I had every single game ever made id only like a few of them.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Heads up folks - Amazon is selling Deus Ex for $9.99 today:

[link]

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Damn you . $10?!

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

LOL...sorry, Matthew - tried to post it as soon as I found out. Hopefully you already didn't shell out for the $17 version.

DokkRokken said:

10 dollars for Deus Ex!? I pre-ordered it at $50 and thought that was a good deal!

Just Cause 2 is $2.49 too! That's an incredibly good deal!

[link]

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

No, I haven't. I'm awfully tempted for $10 but I'd rather buy it through Steam than Amazon's digital service. There's no way to know how much it will be discounted on Steam's daily deals though .

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

I think you still have to register Deus Ex through Steam even though purchased elsewhere. Don't know if that makes a difference...

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Ah yeah, okay. The Amazon page says it requires Steam activation. Thanks.

Just bought deus ex:hr for 10 dollars and I activated it on steam with the key, hehehe, huhuhuhu. By the way it is multilanguage. There are some prices better than steam.

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

TomSEA said:

Yeah - I went ahead and grabbed Rage since it's the cheapest it has ever been. I read all the reviews saying it was really bad, but I've seen a bit of it and it doesn't seem quite as bad as that. One place my hero Carmack did let me down is with the retarded invisible walls. How can a couch stop me from running down a hallway, but I can fall off a cliff to my death?

Oh yeah, and that Deus Ex for $10 is looking mighty tempting to me also.

WHY NO ONLIVE???

Deus EX: HR, L.A. Noire & Super Street Fighter IV Up to 76% Off

Benny26 Benny26, TechSpot Paladin, said:

That Saints Row price is a huge slap in the face for me

First game i thought i would pre-order and it turns out it's no where near worth its money.

Darkshadoe Darkshadoe said:

Skyrim is $40.19 on Steam today..I knew I should have waited a week.

frankly they would need to pay me to play Deus Ex with its ugly graphics and 3 min loading times ! My friend thought it was a graphical bug, but I had to confirm that it really looked like that.

Huge let down !

Renrew Renrew said:

Curses Techspot and Steam-- I couldn't resist, downloading SkyRim now.

LNCPapa LNCPapa said:

Really... killin' me Steam.

ghasmanjr ghasmanjr said: