Origin also offers big gaming sales for Black Friday

By on November 28, 2013, 6:30 PM
mass effect, black, origin, ea, black friday, sim city, command and conquer, crysis 3, dead space 3, battlefield 4, the sims 3, fifa 14, dragon age ii, need for speed rivals, closeout sale

Not to be outdone by Steam and The Humble Store, EA's Origin outlet is offering some great Black Friday deals on a variety of big name titles. If you've been holding out in the hopes of snagging some next generation titles like Battlefield 4, Need for Speed: Rivals, or Fifa 14, today's offerings may be your best bet. There are over 20 titles available and a variety of expansions and digital upgrades for games you may already own. Here is a look at some of the more notable titles from today's huge closeout:

83  Battlefield 4 -- $29.99 (Reg $59.99)
67  Sim City -- $19.99 (Reg $39.99)
81  FIFA 14 -- $27.99 (Reg $39.99)
80  Need For Speed: Rivals -- $34.99 (Reg $49.99)
86  The Sims 3: Starter Pack -- $14.99 (Reg $29.99)
78  Crysis 3 -- $11.99 (Reg $29.99)
87  Mass Effect Trilogy -- $15.99 (Reg $39.99)
77  Dead Space 3 -- $11.99 (Reg $29.99)
86  Command & Conquer: Ultimate Collection -- $7.99 (Reg $19.99)
79  Dragon Age II -- $7.99 (Reg $19.99)

The entire sale page can be viewed here. The website is a bit finnicky right now, and you may run into some errors and issues as you try to navigate through the titles. This is most likely due to the volume of people that are attempting to grab some of these popular games before Black Friday ends. If you have any money left over from the Steam sale and other Black Friday deals, Origin would be happy to take it from you.

5 people like this | Lurker101 said:

But that would mean I'd have to put Origin back on my computer and to be honest, I'd rather have an incurable skin disease.

3 people like this | JC713 JC713 said:

I cant believe BF4 is already $30 just 1 month after release.... wow.

Also, isnt BF BC2 $1?

Tekkaraiden Tekkaraiden said:

Simcity might be tempting for $10 but not $20 given I'd have to install origin.

St1ckM4n St1ckM4n said:

You missed BFBC2 for $1. At least on the AU store.

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Nice prices. There's probably 5 or 6 games for that price that I'd love to buy but I'm not installing origin to play them.

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I cant believe BF4 is already $30 just 1 month after release.... wow.

Also, isnt BF BC2 $1?

Which is awesome, I don't see some of its rivals doing the same though *cough*

Id buy it but few other things will RIP my wallet very soon so il wait bit more to buy BF4 :3

I would actually buy some of those games if they were on Steam.

2 people like this | amstech amstech, TechSpot Enthusiast, said:

Although I use Steam more, Origin has been good to me and I have grown to like it. The Command and Conquer Package was too good to pass up, and Crysis 3 for $10? Why not. The real star is BF4 for $30. Thats a decent price considering it just released, that awesome game engine, its multiplayer and how good it looks.

EEatGDL said:

Yeah, I've come to like Origin on time. It has better prices in my own currency than Steam (dollar conversion makes it a lot more expensive and even in dollars is more expensive than Origin's prices in the same games, e.g. AC IV $60 USD + conversion in Steam vs the equivalent of $38 USD + conversion in Origin). And all those complaining about Origin, I don't understand your point if you're using Windows -by Stallman's definition is blatantly spyware.

1 person liked this | Guest said:

I would actually buy some of those games if they were on Steam.

Many of you people talk of steam as if its the holy grail of pc gaming. I honestly don't see how you could. I find it to be the most annoying, intrusive thing on my pc, when all I want to do is play my game. That goes for Origin too, but since you must have them to play these games I have both installed and both are equally bad. I just find it odd that you praise one over the other, most likely some vendetta against EA or something, as if Valve is some kind of saint, and yes I know EA has pretty much blundered its way through recent years and games, but its not all bad. That's just my opinion, but go ahead and spite yourselves purely because of some grudge. Well, I'm personally not buying any games from either platform at the moment, but if you see a game you want and abstain for these reasons mentioned, well, good for you, I hope you feel all empowered, or greater somehow, exactly how you imagine it will be, by sticking it to the man... or something... (oh, have I mentioned how much I hate both Steam and Origin)

backo said:

With a bit of luck I'll be getting BF4... EA did the same promo with BF3 but for Christmas I think... this time I waited though :-)

Puiu Puiu said:

I finally bought Mass Effect 3 (4euro), Alice: Madness Returns (2.5euro) and Battlefield BC2(1euro). Good deals.

JC713 JC713 said:

I cant believe BF4 is already $30 just 1 month after release.... wow.

Also, isnt BF BC2 $1?

Which is awesome, I don't see some of its rivals doing the same though *cough*

Yeah, but EA just grabbed the BF veterans money and is now "making up" for it by cutting the price it seems lol.

Darth Shiv Darth Shiv said:

I cant believe BF4 is already $30 just 1 month after release.... wow.

Also, isnt BF BC2 $1?

Premium is another wad of cash on top of that... and BF4 is still in beta

hahahanoobs hahahanoobs said:

Premium is another wad of cash on top of that... and BF4 is still in beta

The beta was playable. BF4 is pre alpha.

JC713 JC713 said:

Premium is another wad of cash on top of that... and BF4 is still in beta

Exactly.

jetkami said:

Before you buy battlefield 4 read the forums. ALOT of issues. Game was not ready.

GeforcerFX GeforcerFX said:

BF4 would be worth it to me for $10, I haven't really enjoyed a BF game since BC2, which sadly the community on PC is starting to dye on BC2 so there are fewer good servers with people to play with. Bf4 looks good as did BF3 and even BC2 still has some damn good graphics, but graphics don't make the game, and BF4 is still so broken after a month of release its almost a joke (there just lucky COD:ghost happened to also be shit on PC or they could have had a huge issue). Be warned if you can get the bad company 2 for $1 still get it worth every last cent, plus pick up BC2 Vietnam to get two awesome games and add to our dying community. I would wait a bit longer, prob early 2014, for BF4 with the rate there working on fixing issues.

BF4 had alot of issues on release... every game does. While that doesnt make it right it has gotten ALOT better, and IS worth buying.

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Steam is not without it's faults. Both Steam and Origin have had a history of getting hacked, so neither make me feel safe about my privacy and data. Your annoyance and intrusive factors are also a concern of mine.

Steam's one big benefit over Origin is that it's backed by more than one developer. We're talking 2000+ titles on Steam vs. 300+ titles on Origin. (Many of which are not games but are simply enrichment options for EA's larger titles.)

I also find problems with Ubisoft's Uplay as well. So it's not just Origin that I don't like. I don't like developers forcing me to create accounts and install clients to enforce their restrictions, yet disguising it as a feature.

I don't feel that Uplay or Origin are competing with Steam, so the result is that these clients feel like the developers extending their DRM onto my computer. I also don't want memory resident clients using my PC resources when I'm not playing their games. Maybe Steam can do more in this area to allow developers to deliver that personalization that developers are looking for. Perhaps they can create API's for such customization. I don't know. I already accept Steam's methods, and I'm not perfectly happy with those. But if I'm going to learn to live with something it'll be the one digital distribution channel which supports the most titles.

BC2 was the best and most fun multiplayer, the bad things is last time I checked, 6 months ago, there was only a game with people.

Darth Shiv Darth Shiv said:

Lacang Dam still has a massive memory leak. Sound glitches every time you play it and by the end of the round, everyone is lagging massively. Happens on every server. How long has it been out for now? It's pretty much the definition of how not to do quality control of a product before release.

Origin is a sin to the world. How can the stupid service give me Euro prices for games????? EA/Origin is just a setback to PC gaming honestly.

I'd pay extra to just play the EA games on Steam and not worry about the stupid interface with its Euro prices.