'Titanfall' moves to open beta for Xbox One and PC gamers

By on February 17, 2014, 8:45 AM
microsoft, beta, gaming, xbox one, titanfall, respawn entertainment

EA and Respawn Entertainment opened the registration process for the beta of Titanfall on the PC and Xbox One last week. I’ve talked with a couple of people since then that were concerned about not being selected for the beta but fortunately, that’s no longer a worry for Xbox One gamers.

The beta has since been opened up to all Xbox One gamers. As Microsoft’s Major Nelson recently pointed out, the team is excited for the opportunity to fully stress the multiplayer servers ahead of the game’s retail launch on March 11.

To download the beta, simply power up the console and go to the New Game Demos section of the Game Store. Alternately, you can say “Xbox Bing” then “Show me game demos” using the Kinect. We’re told that it may take a little time for all Xbox One’s to see the demo in the store and that some may see it before others.

The closed beta launched late last week and was expected to run through Tuesday night but unfortunately, server issues plagued the beta on Friday night. As such, the beta will remain open for at least one extra day.

PC gamers aren’t being left out in the cold, either. Respawn founder Vince Zampella revealed on Twitter that those interested in playing on the PC will also be granted open access. Those on the computer are encouraged to check the My Games Library in Origin for access.

Skidmarksdeluxe Skidmarksdeluxe said:

This should put a smile on the faces of those who are interested in this game but why am I not surprised there were server issues? The game is published by EA after all and this is probably the first of many things to go wrong for the players.

GhostRyder GhostRyder said:

Its a cool game, im liking the beta so far (I went for the Xbox ONE beta, not sure which platform im getting Titalfall on though yet). I didn't DL it on Friday so I didn't see the issues but so far the game works pretty well as far as im concerned and its pretty cool. Curious if there will be much (If at all) a difference in detail between the Xbox ONE variant and PC because I may go ahead and just snatch it for the console because I like the feeling of the controller on this game.

I got into the Beta on Friday.

Started playing once the server issues were resolved. I expected to be disappointing since there was so much Hype about the game. I was pleasantly surprised; the hype is real. If anything I found the game to be even better than expected.

Only had a slight graphical glitch maybe 1/10 matches in the first day. Since then I've had no bugs whatsoever.

Great game; went and bought it instead of BF4 Premium.

If you have a powerful PC+graphics card(s) with a (or multiple) monitors that exceed HD then there is NO WAY X-Box One will match it in graphics, period.

cmbjive said:

This is one of the few multiplayer games that I like. The game is frantic and offers differing styles. Playing as a traditional FPS will get you killed quite a bit, especially if you're trying to take on a Titan. I only tried the Attrition Mode (standard PvP mode) and was thoroughly impressed. This is the first Xbox One game I'm looking forward to owning.

TS-56336 TS-56336 said:

I was dismayed, I liked the game.

I hit the beta level cap (14) in about 3 hours. Seems pretty repetitive but people who play call of duty every day will enjoy it. I've moved on from that some time ago. I feel like I experienced all that I needed to in the 4 or so hours I played in the beta.

I think the game is fantastic so far. I like the way it plays and you are always in a fire fight. Also it helps that I won my first 12 games =D

What was the recent signup for?

H3llion H3llion, TechSpot Paladin, said:

The AI ruin the game and the price is ridiculous for multiplayer only game (no that I care about any semi-COD related single player). Had more fun during Crysis 2 Beta.

They simply need to implement a mode where you have no AI and options for 4v4, 8v8 and either 12v12 or 16v16 with limitations for titans, call it "Competitive Mode".

treetops treetops said:

When I go to the site on my pc is says the beta is full..... I looked under my games in origin no dice. Guess I will fire up the ol xbox one. But I do not have gold atm so hmm hope it works.

jeffz6 said:

Pc beta is okay. The training sequence just takes the piss. I cant see myself playing for longer then a few hours. This game is FAR to easy to play.

2005chuy 2005chuy said:

Fun game but feels really repetitive, I won't be buying it.

yukka, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Very good but probably not good for my relationship played in 460gtx at 1650, looked awesome and stuck on medium textures