0X000000050 Page_fault_in_nonpaged-area

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhrish

I started having this problem a couple of days ago. This is a fairly new computer with a Duel Core 2ghz processor, 4 gigs of ram, 256mb nvidia geforce card. I somehow contracted the virtumonde spyware and had a hell of a time getting rid of it. I'm not even sure if I ever did because I started getting this error and I can't use my computer for more than maybe 5 minutes without it giving me the error. I even tried to use the repair option with my windows disk without any luck. Would I have to just reinstall it from scratch? Here are some minidumps. I really appreciate anyone's help if they can tell me what is causing the error. Unfortunately, I don't know how to read the minidump files. Thanks for the help!!!!

Oh, and here's the specific error I'm getting:
0x00000050 (0xe3a41000, 0x00000000, 0xba92d8d6, 0x00000001)

Garrette

I read your minidumps that you attached to the other thread and all five of your errors are 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

It is defined as, per auhma.org as, Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

In all five the cause cited is avgmfx86.sys which is an AVG Antivirus driver. A lot of people have issues with this driver (as well as version 8 of AVG).

However, it could be because of your recent virtumonde infection and the difficulty deleting it your AVG may have been compromised/corrupted. So I suggest doing the following:

1. Updating/repairing AVG. You might have to do a complete reinstall.

2. Go to our Virus & Malware Removal forum and read and follow the sticky "UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions" to make sure you are completely clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back