0x00000050 page_fault in non paged area

I am new to the forum and have had issues with the BSOD issues. I am getting a saved page dump with the page falut in non paged area message. I had been getting other BSOD error messages but since upgrading BIOS, I no longer get those. My system is operating fine except for these minidumps and the blue screen messages. I am attaching the two minidumps that I have received. I read on the forum that it could be related to Norton Antivirus which I have from Xfinity so I uninstalled and reinstalled. Any advice?

One additional piece of information is that I got that message and details of it included that the computer has rebooted from a bug check. The bug check was %1. A dump was saved in %2. I included the minidumps in my previous message. Thanks.

Attachments

• Mini081311-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini081411-01.dmp
    92 KB · Views: 3
Can you provide any computer specs like make, model, CPU, memory amount and type? Also,
when do these BSOD's happen? What are you doing?

Page fault in non paged area

I have a ZT systems 4 Gb Q9300 quad core 2.5 Mghz, 500 GB Hard drive desktop. It is less than 3 years old. I am not doing anything when I get these messages. The machine is idling. It works fine in all of its programs other than the spontaneous rebooting. I have taken out the memory stick one by one and it continues to do this rebooting no matter which memory stick is in. I updated my BIOS and that works fine except that I cannot access the BIOS screen when I hit delete as it is powering on so without the BIOS screen, it is difficult to do diagnostics. It just reboots from bug checks every couple of hours. Driving me nuts! Could it be a motherboard issue. I have run virus scans (Norton, malabytes, adaware) etc and there does not seem to be any viruses or issues there. I was thinking it was a memory or hardware issue but since I cannot access the BIOS screen, I am wondering if it is a motherboard issue?

ZT Afinity or Element? Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1? Nice desktops :) Try turning off automatic restart. Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, Startup and Recovery Settings. Uncheck time to display operating systems... and automatically restart. Restart your computer. There may be a different key press to enter the bios like F1 or F2 or F10

Sorry. It has Windows XP. I have tried those keys that you have mentioned and still can't get into the BIOS screen. In addition, I have even a bigger problem in that when I try to boot up to get into Windows, it says disk boot error. When I tried to boot up from the XP Pro disk, I got a BSOD that says page fault in non paged area and won't allow me to get into Windows. This is going from bad to worse.

I forgot to add that I did a memory test before this happened with a bootable disk from Windows and there were no memory issues identified.

Back