0x0000007B blue screen - please save my Aspire!

Hey all,

first post first problem hehehe

Have been trying to save a Aspire one D250 (the one with a real HDD) from a windows death blue screen.

The problem as mention on the title is the:

0x0000007B (0xF7A6A524,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)

meaning it cant find a bootable disk.

The netbook originally came with Vista which i changed to windows 7 and was working perfectly. I cant say exactly if the problem happened after a windows update as the computer was with a friend for some months and then she contacted me reporting the problem.

First thing I did was try to repair the windows and that didnt go through as the repair screen was there for almost 32 hours until I gave up.
Next step was reinstall windows 7 with a flash drive using the wintoflash, didnt work as it kept saying it couldnt find a HDD :S

Then I bought a real external dvd player/recorder and tried to install windows xp (changed to xp just because it was the one I had as a disk). Same problem, couldnt recognize the HDD.

Went out again, thought it was a HDD problem and bought a new one, exactly the same model WD1600BEVT. Tried to install the Windows 7 again and nothing :S
I havent tried the windows xp because I returned the portable dvd as it was expansive and didnt help. Can buy it again in case you see it is necessary,

Have tried installing some of the drivers as suggested on other threads but no success. Have clean the memory and also have changed it with my other computer to see if it was dead or not, no problem with the memory as the other computer run very well with it.

Sorry for a long thread but I had to describe all the steps so you guys can help me without loosing so much of your time.

Thanks,

Ygor

This is sounding like a fault on the motherboard. Does the hard drive show up in the Bios?

Mark,

Yes, it was showing up the HDD and I had the same thought of being a more delicate (expensive) hardware problems so I decided to give it a try installing Linux.

The installation was smooth and now the computer works perfectly but a big NO NO to the windows. I have no idea why.
Still would like to have windows xp or 7 on it.

At least now we know hardware problems are not the issue :S WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THEN? hahahah

This is a bit of a mystery. Possibly a poor connection on the hard drive, having reseated it may have cured the fault.

You could now try to install XP or 7 over Linux or as a dual boot, or have you already tried that, if so is it still not seeing the drive?

Are you using a genuine retail OS discs?

Is the hard drive IDE or SATA, if SATA, XP will reequire the SATA drivers to be installed during installation with a floppy disc or integrated into the OS disc.

Mark sorry for not coming here soon to answer!

I have been using linux on the machine and it was a little nostalgic, remembering the good times when I used to have only linux :)

Nice changes on Ubuntu :) Also thinking on instaling on this machine here (my samsung :) )

Once again thanks for the replies!

Back