15 FPS in WoW, any advice?

Hi , I play wow and am getting problems with my fps i really dont think i should be as low as 15 fps, do i need to change any settings at all? I have tryed over-clocking the computer, i have the most up to date drivers, i have tryed everything i can think of to no avail including running wow on low video settings. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have: intel core i7 960 @ 2.67 ghz
6.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 home premium
Nvidia 9500GT

Im preety sure this is well over adequate for wow so please help.

Maybe u can try in another game, if fps continue low, maybe ur video card is damaged or out of date driver

Check your temperature. In busy capital cities your fps will always be low. Like dalaran in wotlk.

Ok, so i tryed a different game. Dawn of war chaos rising, There is a video on the reccomended settings so i ran all that and it came up that i was around 52 fps and a minimum of 12.

My graphics in wow are mostly on low except view distance which i put on good, my fps does'nt really change regardless of where i am. i'll maybe get an extra 2 if im out in the middle of no where as oppose to in stormiwind, it did fluctuate the other day and hit around 30 though it stayed there for only a matter of seconds.

lol i use to have problem with wow try putting your draw distance down for me ti was after Cataclysm came out i when from run wow aright to basically not very good i went on to play around with the setting and it didn't rely get better so i finally quite wow after 5 years of playing

You might want to check out this in depth review by Tom's Hardware for World of Warcraft. I would recommend checking over all your settings again and also and reduce view distance, if memory serves me right that was quite a taxing setting especially for on-board and low end discrete cards.

some of the shadow and special effects settings can be ery intensive compared to the rest of the game . Overall its a great engine that should be able to run great on most PC's with some tweaking.

WoW doesn't have the same graphic requirements as it did when it was released. Your GPU would have been fine in 2005 but now you will have to turn down the settings to get decent framerates. Plus, the servers are more packed than ever which is what brings FPS down the most for myself.

Turn down the settings and stay in dungeon groups where only 5 people are on the server for decent FPS. Get a better graphics card ASAP. Better yet, two of them like me.

Like others have said, your graphics card is not adequate to run WoW above the framerate you have listed (I assume you are running at all low graphics settings)

The other children laugh at me when I tell them I have a 9500GT, They're actually being quite civil to you.

That being said, the 9500GT is mostly irrelevant in gaming today.

(I'm not a gamer, so they can laugh all they want. I got the 9500 for about 35 bucks on sale @ Newegg on a Black Friday).

fps

Try a program called gamebooster also look up leatrix latency fix.
They helped to improve my fps.

I have 9500GT with 19375 years old 1 core CPU and i play on medium settings with 20-50 fps (depends where i am). You should be getting much better results. 9500GT does suck at gaming. It's not even meant for it.

The other children laugh at me when I tell them I have a 9500GT, They're actually being quite civil to you.

That being said, the 9500GT is mostly irrelevant in gaming today.

(I'm not a gamer, so they can laugh all they want. I got the 9500 for about 35 bucks on sale @ Newegg on a Black Friday).

LOL,even I have a 9500gt! but I think it's still good enough to play those "not so demanding" games.......NFS,dead space. For me it played crysis on high settings without any lag.

And yes, that combination of i7 and 9500gt is quite odd.You could upgrade to a gtx460 or higher

Try to update your driver, should be under "Updates" in your startup menu, when I updated my driver my games sped up in FPS alot.

Back