27 inch monitor that supports 2,560x1,440?

Obzoleet

Hello!

I have a 27 inch LED monitor which I bought for less then a year ago, I have always been playing at 1920x1080 on it with my laptop , it is the highest available option,

I have lately been wondering if there is any way to check if it can support 2,560x1,440?

I don't have the packaging or name of the model left so I have been unable to check this that way,

I assume since the 2,560x1,440 isn't available in the graphic options that means it max supports 1920x1080? :)

I can imagine a 2,560x1,440 monitor is quite expensive? any models you can recommend for a fair price?

Thanks!

Obzoleet

Hello!

I have a 27 inch LED monitor which I bought for less then a year ago, I have always been playing at 1920x1080 on it with my laptop , it is the highest available option,

I have lately been wondering if there is any way to check if it can support 2,560x1,440?

I don't have the packaging or name of the model left so I have been unable to check this that way,

I assume since the 2,560x1,440 isn't available in the graphic options that means it max supports 1920x1080? :)

I can imagine a 2,560x1,440 monitor is quite expensive? any models you can recommend for a fair price?

Thanks!

Obzoleet
Yes, the monitor will not support 2560x1440p if its highest output is shows to be 1080p, you have to specifically buy a monitor like this one that supports 2560 resolution.

You can check by counting the number of pixels (native resolution).
Only counted 2073600? Then it certainly can't display 3686400!

QNIX QX2710.

You can check by counting the number of pixels (native resolution).
Only counted 2073600? Then it certainly can't display 3686400!

QNIX QX2710.

I tried to count the pixels but my eyes started bleeding and I lost my count after 150798 but I had counted over 50% of the screen so I assume it is only 2073600 available in total,

Ty for answer!

Yes, the monitor will not support 2560x1440p if its highest output is shows to be 1080p, you have to specifically buy a monitor like this one that supports 2560 resolution.
As silly and as wrong as I may be, I think the syntax would have been better, phrased with a double negation. To wit, NO, the monitor will NOT support 2560 x yadda, yadda. It's just not the same as saying, "the monitor will not never support 2560 x whatever". Get back to me with your thoughts.

For TS, you should always run any monitor at its native resolution. To find out what that is in your case, just google the make & model.

But had you done that, this thread never would have never sparked this lively exchange of witty banter, now would it?

In the mean time, please allow me to say, "in spite of that, I'm not never going to say thanks"!:cool:

As silly and as wrong as I may be, I think you should should this with a double negation. To wit, NO, the monitor will NOT support 2560 x yadda, yadda. It's just not the same as saying, "the monitor will not never support 2560 x whatever". Get back to me with your thoughts.

For TS, you should always run any monitor at its ntive resolution. To find out what that is in your case, just google the make & model.

But had you done that, this thread never would have never sparked this lively exchange of witty banter, now would it?

In the mean time, please allow me to say, "in spite of that, I'm not never going to say thanks"!:cool:

...Let me re-read this again
Ok now I understand, I did not notice the double negative, my bad lol. I was writing kinda fast because I had work to finish, never intended to be an english major.

I tried to count the pixels but my eyes started bleeding and I lost my count after 150798 but I had counted over 50% of the screen so I assume it is only 2073600 available in total,

Ty for answer!

That's not good! Go rest your eyes!

You see 1920x1080 means that there are 1920 pixels going across, and 1080 pixels vertical. An LCD monitor that has that many pixels cannot display a resolution higher than that because it simply doesn't have the pixels to. Of course, using some scaling and stretching it can display lower resolutions. For example, you could show a 960x540 image simply by doubling each pixel.

Unfortunately there's no way to force a monitor to go at a higher resolution.
BTW IMO a 27inch 1920x1080 screen to 27" 2560x1440 screen is a massive improvement.
By my eyes even my 1920x1200 screen has ugly pixel density, and that's at 24".

If you're interested in the QX2710, there's a thread on overclock.net that has a lot more information that I could tell you. It's capable of overclocking to 120hz on most setups, but minimum say 96hz or 100hz+.

Back