3 iexplorer.exe in processes and PC is slower now

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqua

hi guys my pc is slower than before,,noticing some freezing,,in processes i see 3 iexplorer.exe.
i run IE8 .run malwarebytes=detectting no problem.,,run kapersky internet security=no problem..
and this is he log from hijackthis..
..any help would be appreciated..thanks

3 iexplorer.exe in processes

Normal with IE8

Somethings wrong here:
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

It's hooking into Office: Have you check to see if this version of Kaspersky Internet Security is compatible with the MS Office version you have?
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

Mainly, you Hijackthis log isn't "normal". You have almost nothing but Kaspersky entries running. I can't tell much from this HJ log. Suggest you reboot the computer, try and run HJ again.

It would also be helpful if the ran Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware first, then HijackThis. attach all three logs per: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

bobbye,thanks for looking into my problem.
well i have no office program running.this kapersky office version is #7.0.0.125
malwarebytes reported everything ok.

Mainly, you Hijackthis log isn't "normal". You have almost nothing but Kaspersky entries running. I can't tell much from this HJ log. Suggest you reboot the computer, try and run HJ again.

It would also be helpful if the ran Malwarebytes, and Superantispyware first, then HijackThis. attach all three logs per: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

i have no office program running
But you do:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

ctfmon.exe is a process belonging to Microsoft Office Suite
Ctfmon.exe activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP) and the Microsoft Office Language Bar.
When you run a Microsoft Office XP program, the file Ctfmon.exe (Ctfmon) runs in the background, even after you quit all Office programs.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282599

Going by the lack of entries in the HijackThis log, I don't know how you can do much of anything!

NO Browser Helper Objects (BHO- (02))
Nothing loading except Kaspersky, IE, Office (04) These would be the programs on Startup and in the Registry
NO Active X entries (016)
Only Kaspersky Service running (023)

Regarding Kaspersky Internet Security:
You have Kaspersky Internet Secueity v7.0.0.125
Kaspersky Internet Security v8.0.0.454 is considered OLD version.
Latest Stable version is Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 9.0.0.405 Beta

So I recommend you update to current version for a start.

Unless you configure the computer correctly, you're not going to be able to do anything.

There is no malware showing, but this is not a full HijackThis log- Also, running only HJ is not a complete scan for malware. You mention no errors, no error messages.

ok my friend.looks like ctfmon.exe was the problem ..so now i only have 1 iexplorer.exe
since i don't have office programs and don't change languages when using pc's.
i check a site about how to remove-disable this ctfmom..in case that somebody need it.
Code:
Really, its easy to get rid of.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages TAB -> Details BUTTON -> Language Bar BUTTON (under "Preferences")

Select the "Turn off advanced text services" check box.
now my staruo shows only kapersky..about this vesion ,,this one is still active and clens well...i tried the updated version but it eats a lot of resources.on this pc i have only 678 rdram.
thanks again

It would be amazing if that one deletion took care of the problems. As I said twice, your HijackThis log is far from normal- it reflect what is "normally" running and you have almost nothing. It's not often I get to tell people they don't have enough running process, but you don't

And as I also mentioned, multiple entries of iexplorer.ese are normal and to be expected in IE8.

And ctfmon.exe has a bad habit of re-entering itself.

let me tell ya,it's better than before..like less resources consuming,and even faster.
thanks

So you have full and correct use of the system, whatever you want to do? Have to tell you, I think that's amazing! Aren't you getting error messages when you try to view flash or shockwave and Java? I don't even see any version of Java installed and no 016 entries means not enabled for flash or shockwave.

i have only installed adobe flash player plugin installed for internet explorer and firefox.
and both are running fine,no error messages.

thanks one more time.,i still believe this cftmom was doing nothing or interrupting other programs and the system..
thanks Bobbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back