37 BSODs in one month!

Windows 7 64 Bit OS

Computer Hardware:

Intel i5 cpu 760 2.8 GHZ
4 GB ram
Radeon HD 6870 Video card
Powered by Corsair 1000w Power supply

First the computer was a present so I really do not know what I am doing. I have researched multiple steps to take in trying to correct BSOD. Some days it runs smooth while others I can get 5 BSOD a day.

Once the BSOD started getting out of hand I ran a DISK error check, a Disk cleanup, then I defraged the computer. I also made sure that all drivers were up to date and I ran a virus scanner.

This helped for around 1 week. Now they are back and as of today I have experienced 4 BSOD. I have attached the past 5 minidump files. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 120511-20108-01.zip
    105.2 KB · Views: 0
You actually counted 37 BSOD's in a month? That's about as exciting as watching grass grow :rolleyes: Try resetting the bios to the default settings. If you don't know how to do this, get a friend to help you

So I reset the bios and it didn't work. Also after a BSOD yesterday, the computer wouldn't even boot. It said disk error push CTRL ALT Delete to restart comp. I have a corsair obsidian 800d case so I just swapped the hardrive down into another position to see if maybe it was the slot that was buggy. Computer booted straight up yesterday and I did not encounter one BSOD all day. Now today I have experienced 3 BSOD already. I'm starting to grow old from stressing out so much. I have uploaded a few dump files. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• 120911-14071-01.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 120911-13946-01.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 120711-17004-01.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 120711-15724-01.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 120611-15958-01.zip
    21.3 KB · Views: 0
Your dump files indicate that ntoskrnl.exe is crashing. This is a vague clue and could mean many things, so it is not particularly helpful.

The sticky thread in this forum offers just about as much as you anyone can offer:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

I'd like to suggest running memtest for several hours (overnight). If you don't overclock yourself, resetting your BIOS shouldn't have an effect, but partial memory failure is not uncommon.

Rick is right... If you can do the memory test and the hard drive checks mentioned, it would help here tremendously

Back