3B bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveys19

My problem changed from a 0x7E bugcheck to a 3B, but the program that seems to be the cause remains the same. Anyone have any ideas??

It actually happened when I was restarting windows. I have run memtest before, 9 passes, and prime95. No problems detected on the RAM.

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

Can be drivers require updating
Can be your install 3rd party Antivirus or Firewall (eve a virtual drive software)
Can be Windows Security Updates require updating
Can be running CMOS Defaults (usually press DEL or F2 on computer Startup)

I think it might be my AVG...I was running the scan on two different occasions and twice now it resulted in the BSOD. Is AVG 8.0.1xx not compatible with XP 64-bit? My definitions are updated, so I don't think that's the problem. It's generating the same system error as well:

System Error (102) Event ID 1003

Error code 000000001000007e, parameter1 ffffffffc0000005, parameter2 fffff800011a9717, parameter3 fffffadfc8e6a9d0, parameter4 fffffadfc8e6a3e0.

The scan worked (Avira---AVG uninstalled)...hopefully the problem does not manifest itself in another way. Thanks for your help, and I will keep you posted if anything else happens.

Hm, I just got the same BSOD upon rebooting in the latest Windows 7 Build. AVG wasn't the cause for me because I do not use Anti-Virus software, so what could the cause be? Here are my System Specs in full detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back