400W PSU enough for Radeon HD 5670?

Hey Scott,

The MSI Radeon 5670 should be fine on your 400W PSU as long as it's of decent quality (e.g. not some 6 year old unit from an off-brand company), however if you link us it we can tell you for sure. But as it stands AMD recommends having at least a 400W unit.

Edit: Just saw your other thread from a few days ago where you give more information, specifically your current power supply (MPT-401G). And if the information I googled is correct I personally would recommend upgrading as what you currently have feels dated and very generic.

Thanks for the help/advice guys. Now that I have all this straightened out, I can now order a new V-Card and 500W PSU.

My current PSU came with the system and I have been using it for about 4 years now. I don't know about the quality/brand (Macron) of the PSU. One thing I DO know is that the main power plug on this unit is a 20pin and it is plugged into the 24pin plug on my MB. It looks weird, but it has not given me any trouble...yet?

Because I don't know much about it, It is a good idea to replace it.

Scott

Today I was looking at my system voltage with Speed Fan:

Vcore1: 1.36V
Vcore2: 3.26V
+3.3V: 0.00V
+5V: 5.00V
+12V: 11.84V
-12V: -16.97V
-5V: -8.78V
+5V: 6.85V
Vbat: 3.23V

Why do these numbers not look right to me?

Should I be concerned?

Scott

P.S.
My new PSU should be here by Friday.

Yeah, those are bad numbers. General rule of thumb is + or - 10%.

Of course, I've never been impressed with Speedfan anyway, I suppose it could be reading them wrong. I wouldn't be too concerned with it if you haven't noticed any odd behavior. But I would get the new PSU in asap just incase. Be sure to check what Speedfan says for it, just to see.

Back