$500.00 challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1776

Hi gang,
I thought i would throw this out to anyone who enjoys cruising Newegg. i am about to update a friends computer and have a strict budget of $500.00. I need the folowing components-

PSU
video card- version of a HD 4850
Motherboard-Pref a 790 chipset and 2 Pci-e slots
Cpu- AMD Quad or Tri
Lightscribe optical
4 gb ddr2
Im working on it myself as we speak, and have come up with one config thats right at $500.00 with the above specs, but i always enjoy suggestions from you all.

Thanks

hey kitty,
yes more of a revamp just reusing the case and HDD's, and some peripherals. the reason for the 3x 0r 4x cpu is that he wants to do some gaming and also alot of video editing and 3ds max (rendering). very interesting finds though, thank you...im off to go take a closer look.:)

Oh yeah, i wanted to build an AMD PIIx4 build, though i figured the only thing i do is moderate video encoding, not often either so im just living with my punny dual core...

Yeah i know 3d studio max, and i realize how painful it is wating

LOL no, the older versions of Phenom are completly useless, aside the linked version being the even older version with the TLB bug (al xx50;s are fixed ex 9650), all older 65nm phenoms are completly cache starved among others, AMD put some real work into Phenom II, i suggest you use their work. the highest you could clock that is probably about...2.8 ghz MAYBE in a good scenario.

that bad ey? could you not just tell me what i wanted to hear???!:haha:. yeah he's gonna have to bite the bulletI think. and I take it asrock's are ok? never used one

I have never had one, and to be honest, i thought they looked sketch at first...I hear really good things about them from pretty much everyone familiar with them, especially commenting their reliability and value, so i think their good :p

ehh well, maybe not COMPLETELY useless, but still don't get one.

Im going to speak from experiance, i have the Phenom I X3 2.4ghz blackedition and TRUST me you dont want that. I have vista on it and it like lags all the time. I click My Computer and i have to wait 5 seconds to see my harddrives in there but on my laptop with out a dual core 1.6 ghz intel and it loads up My computer faster. And the guy who said u can only overclock to 2.8 is right mines maxed at 2.78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back