1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

8.7% of Facebook users aren't real people, jury's out on the other 91.3%

By Matthew ยท 13 replies
Aug 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. In its first public earnings report last week, Facebook revealed that its active userbase increased 29% on-year to 955 million people, with about 552 million using the service daily, up 32%. However, according to information released in its 10-Q filing this week, approximately 8.7%...

    Read more
  2. gwailo247

    gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,010   +18

    I got one for my friends in school and one for my friends back home, and never the twain shall meet.

    FB changes stuff around too much with groups and privacy settings, etc. This way is much safer.
  3. I deleted my facebook account last year... I'd rather socialize with people face to face. If need to contact someone that's what a phone is for.
  4. jeffz6

    jeffz6 TS Rookie Posts: 79

    I too have removed my account. I wonder if they still keep your account in the background, for statistics such as these.

    NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 809   +102

    But stalking is more difficult with a phone :(
  6. My dog has a facebook.
  7. "You are now in a relationship with XX". Oh man, that made me laugh. The first 4 years didn't count but now we're together on FB, it's real. So I don't use it cos it's too up its own arrs. But I keep the account, just like 500 million others it seems.
  8. My Facebook has 0 friends. Does that mean I'm a hardcore Facebook user as well? :p
  9. Nope it means you are a loser on the internet and in real life obviously. =p
  10. Tygerstrike

    Tygerstrike TS Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

    So who cares about FB. There will be a new social website soon enough and FB will end up the way of MySpace.
  11. NightAngel79

    NightAngel79 TS Booster Posts: 177   +45

    Whats Facebook? lol

    I use Google Plus :)

    3DCGMODELER TS Enthusiast Posts: 307   +18

    My Hamster has a facebook account..
  13. RajeGera

    RajeGera TS Rookie Posts: 50

    Everyone has their own purpose of social networking.Facebook account is one of the essentials for the start ups to gain the networks.
  14. call me an optimist but hopefully fb is behind this.

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...