8-step removal instructions completed, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missie

Hi everyone! :wave:

I have just completed the 8-Step procedure and wondering if someone can have a look at the attached file. In particular the Hijack this files as not sure what is safe to delete!

Thanks in advance! :D

Hi again everyone, just wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom as IE keeps crashing out due to Trojan DNSchanger!cc being detected and removed by McAfee, when running full AV scan it picks this file up and quarantines it but i cannot delete it. This is occuring every 20mins or so in IE and a bit concerned the level of access to personal information this mayhave and also not wanting to stay connecting to the internet incase of further attacks....

Any helps is much appreciated...as this is getting rather tiresome now, been trying to get rid of these issues since yesterday morning, although it is much improved, I am not confident in taking further steps as not experienced enough to know the best options...

Thanks
:)

Thanks for your response Mercifies....

Answers to questions...

I restart after every scan\quarantine (so far i have restarted approx 45 times today!)

Also I only run McAfee for AV...when experiencing blue screen errors yesterday I could not even run Malwarebytes,it would BS half way through, I had to start in safe mode to allow it to complete scan and remove the rogue files, this has resolved the BS error but has not resolved the redirect from google and also the Trojan alert every 20mins or so...

Thanks again for your reply :)

@Mercifies please read this topic sticky: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board
Basically members post logs, which must be checked first, before suggesting other progams
If you cannot read HJT logs, then you cannot support in the Virus & Malware removal forum

@Missie, Malwarebytes must be run in Normal Mode. running it in Safe Mode is nearly useless for this program
What happens exactly when you update it and try to run it in Normal Mode?
Note a Quick Updated scan in Normal Mode is all that is required.

Also I do not recommend Spyware Doctor

Edit:
@Missie, member Mercifies has been banned for spamming

@kimsland thanks for your response, sorry for delay, been away for a few days.

couldn't run Malware Bytes in normal mode as it kept Blue Screening on me and restarting the PC. By running it in safe mode it then allowed me to run in Normal, coincidence perhaps but this is the only thing that seemed to work for me. The log files for this has been attached to the original message and there were numerous issues found.

I am still getting redirects from google, this seems to be the only problem left now, I have run Malware bytes this evening and found were backdoor.bot and no action has been taken against these files.I have also attached this file. Do you have any further suggestions?

I have run Malware bytes this evening and found were backdoor.bot and no action has been taken against these files.
Why is there "no action taken" against these found issues?
Do note Malwarebytes will not remove these issues automatically.
Reading the 8-Step guide you must do this yourself, by clicking on "Next", then selecting all found issues, then selecting remove or fix.

Please run Malwarebytes again, then remove all found issues as requested

Also the issues found are pretty bad :( Are you running P2P file sharing programs, like Limewire or Utorrent and others like this?
And another question ;) You have McAfee installed and obviously it has not protected you, how long before this paid subscription runs out? Because if its soon I'd say uninstall it now (as I would) then install a much better Antiirus (IMO) being free Avira, (download; install; update; full scan)

You must then restart, and provide the new Malwarebytes scan log, and a fresh HJT log
Note: if you decide to keep McAfee, then you must do an > online Antivirus scan to get all the things that McAfee has missed.
Basically McAfee being a very popular Antivirus program, also makes it popular for malware designers to bypass it.

Hey @ kimsland, thanks for your response once again! :)

I am not sure why there was no action taken, I manually selected the files for removal so I was a bit :confused: at that.....I will run again tho...

I don't run P2P on this PC, McAfee subscription has just been renewed last month :( so not sure there will be any way I can get out of it, but would like to try your suggestion of Avira, I might just do it and see where that takes me, worth a try ain't it! :)

I will carry out your instructions and post the new log files and see what you think from that point!

Thanks muchly for your help, its appreciated :D

Cool....will give this a try tomorrow as if I start it all now time will run away with me and it will be 2am before I know it.....and there is work to get up for tomorrow morning!!! :(

Hi there...I have returned....have had laptop offline for a while as it was obvious there was loads and load of issues on it...I installed Avira and the amount of trojan virus pop-up I kept getting is unbelievable, the same one every single time approx once every 5 mins and it doesn't matter what i try to do delete or quarantine it it still stays there boo hiss.....what do you suggest I do now apart from chucking the laptop in the bin??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back