8 steps completed, Logs inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark2light

I noticed my computer has been acting strange for the last few weeks and I had suspected possibly a virus on it even though my Antivirus (which is up to date) had not detected anything. IE was running slow, or not responding, the window would automatically minimize on its own and the other day every time I tried to play music on Myspace it'd play for 3 seconds stop, start again for another 5 seconds and then stop etc. That's when I decided to go through your 8 steps to see what would come up. Could you please take a look at my logs? Thank you.

Trojan Virus Still On My Computer?

I posted this a while ago but no one ever responded. I noticed but forgot to include it in my message that I had a Trojan Virus among other things when I did the 8 steps. My computer is still acting funny when I use explorer-it automatically minimizes the windows, freezes/becomes unresponsive. I don't know if the virus is still on the computer. I did the 8 steps again but everything came up clean. I don't know why the computer is acting this way. Can someone look at the logs and let me know if the virus is indeed off of my computer? I can pull them again if needed just let me know. Thanks!

My apology, darktolight. I'll try to help you.

You have a Winfixer infection as well as some processes from MyWebSearch. actually, the problem you described initially could all be system-caused. But we'll try to remove what we can and then you can see how the system runs.

Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls. Also disable your internet connection.
  • Run Combo-Fix.exe and follow the prompts.
    (Understand that things like your system clock changing and your desktop disappearing might happen. Do not worry, because all will be restored later.)
  • Wait for the scan to be completed.
  • If it requires a reboot, please do it.
• After the scan has completed entirely, please post the log here. The log will be located at C:\ComboFix(.txt)

Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Please follow that with this online scan:
Run Eset NOD32 Online AntiVirus Scanner HERE

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan.
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the Active X control to install
  • Disable your current Antivirus software. You can usually do this with its Notification Tray icon near the clock.
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked, and the option "Scan unwanted applications" is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Re-enable your Antivirus software.
  • A logfile is created and located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt. Please include this on your post.
Please attach both the Combofix report and the Eset log to your next reply.

Rescan with HijackThis and paste that log into the next reply. only paste the HJT log- attach the others.

I tried pasting the Hijackthis log but I was getting an error message saying there were too many characters. What do you want me to do? Thx

Sorry- I just saw this. Just attach it in a reply. I looked at the original log and you have a large number of processes (too many) running. This increases the length of the log and exceeds the character limit.

Hi again! I attached the log but never heard back. The problem seemed to have been fixed but it's happening again. The window will minimize by itself, or become unresponsive. I don't know if you can tell by looking at my old logs or if I should do something different. Do you know why this is happening? I appreciate the help. =)

As I remember you had multiple threads. Since it's been so long, please decide if you think the problem is malware related. System problems can be handled in the Windows Forum.

The window will minimize by itself, or become unresponsive.
This sounds more like a system problem.

If you have reason to believe the problem is from malware, please go through the steps HERE again and leave the 3 new logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back