800 Mhz RAM only reading as 400.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverzero89

i ran cpu-z and it says that my mem is running at 400 instead of 800. anyone know why?b the mem is one 2 gig stick. specs are in the drop down. oh and my proc does have a 800 Mhz FSB.

Did you set the Volatage and Timing correctly in the Motherboard BIOS?

Your Motherboard may not Support DDR2-800 Speeds. (I'm Assuming it's DDR2?)

Actually, If I do Remember, with DDR2, I have mine Set up as 533 and it's supposed to run at 1066.

I think CPUZ Halfs the Number considering it's DDR2 I'm not too sure about it tho. Anyone, feel free to Correct me on this.

It should be in the Overclocking Menus or somwehere abouts there. I can't tell you Exactly, cause I can't turn my Computer off ATM.

i don't have an overclocking menu, this bios cannot do that, however when digging around in bios i noticed that it did say that the bus speed is 800 and so is the mem speed. is it possible that cpu-z read it wrong?

CPUz shows your memory rated speed and not its effective speed. Remember, its DDR so your memory speed may show as 400MHz but the effective speed is actually 800Mhz.

what werty said, DDR is double data rate, the actual frequency is 400Mhz, the DDR (or effective speed, as werty pointed out) is 800Mhz.

this is ddr2.

ummm, yeah..400Mhz x 2 ( DDR) = 800Mhz (effective speed)

EDIT: okay i think i get where you are getting confused. the number behind DDR, is the revision number of the ram, it has nothing to do with how fast it is. see above.

CPU-Z reports the actual RAM speed (400 MHz in this case), not the effective RAM speed after DDR is taken into account (800 MHz in this case). It is being reported correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back