A fake system alert: trojan.win32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Yesterday i got this pesky virus pop up thing called: System Alert: Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx. I figured it's a fake system alert :p That's after i clicked the pop ups because i thought it was serious >.<. Anyways, some weird looking scanner started running as soon as i clicked the pop up balloon saying I had a virus. Know i've looked on the internet for solutions, they were all slightly different. But basicly they all said get your computer scanned by: windows live onecare, ewido etcetera. I have scanned my system with my Nod32(Eset) and it found the fake system alert virus and deleted/quarintined it. Yet I still get the pop-ups...This is all very annoying, i dont know what to do anymore, my nerd powers are very weak :/

Please rescue me from this pop up hell >.<

I actually got one of those type of pop ups the other day but it turns out it was the website that I visited was infact hijacked with some malicious iframe code. Just saying I see how easy it is to get infected with this type of thing sometimes.

Anyways, welcome to Techspot!

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully and ask questions if you are unsure how to proceed at any point.

First we will just take a look at a Hijackthis log

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete please attach your log onto the forums using the paper clip icon above your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back