AAE image question

learninmypc

AAE FILE.JPG
can somebody explain this? In other folders I've had too many to count. I don't know how to explain it any better.

The .aae file extension is ( it says) created by Apple operating systems, and is extra info about images, non essential info.
So it probably comes from Apple pc users who have uploaded images to sites, and then you have downloaded them without knowing it.
If you are using Windows ( think you are ) then they will just take up a small amount of HD space.
Just searched my C: drive and didn't find any of that type.

The .aae file extension is ( it says) created by Apple operating systems, and is extra info about images, non essential info.
So it probably comes from Apple pc users who have uploaded images to sites, and then you have downloaded them without knowing it.
If you are using Windows ( think you are ) then they will just take up a small amount of HD space.
Just searched my C: drive and didn't find any of that type.
None of those "images" were downloaded, ALL were pics I took with my iPad/iPhone. That is why I'm confused.

If you are using Windows ( think you are )

As previously noted, these "images" are not downloaded, they ARE pictures I've taken with my iPad/iPhone. I'm still confused :confused:

It took me looong enough, lol. Problem solved. Simply type in folder search bar AAE & ALL those files come up so I delete them. No program necessary. Thank you @Mike1961 . Still like to know why?? but..... :) :) :)

Settings, options, themes or skins file type. File extension aae is exclusively related to a special "sidecar" file generated by the Apple Photos app included in macOS and iOS devices. AAE format is XML based format that contains all the edits and adjustments made on a particular digital photograph (.jpg).

Could you please translate that into english so I can understand it better? As of my previous post, I have deleted ALL those AAE images.

If they're gone, it's a non-issue :) The files contained editing information, likely the picture meta data (f-stop, shutter speed, date, time)

ANY time you read XML, it's a tagged representation for text

That's what I would take it to mean. However,
and is extra info about images, non essential info.
so it's NON-Graphical, non-image, but only Meta data like date,time,location,f-Stop setting...

Back