Acer Aspire 7720-4428

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought this laptop after viewing descriptions of it on the sites of several reputable dealers, who all advertise it as having a built-in subwoofer. Imagine my shock when I received it to find no such thing!...and to make it worse, to have the Acer Support insist that "that model does not have a subwoofer". I haven't seen any spec sheet anywhere - even on the Acer site - that clearly states that there are different versions of the 7720-4428.
Has anyone had a similar experience? What is my best course of action here? I mean, I find the machine satisfactory otherwise, but hey, I really did expect great sound!

It may well be that it supports 5.1 sound which includes a subwoofer (the .1 of the 5.1) as far as I know.

There are SOOOO many places selling computers and advertising against each other that the onus falls on the consumer to check with the maufacturer.

Also, if the site you bought from said that, you could launch a lawsuit I guess.

:)

this laptop .... advertise it as having a built-in subwoofer.
definitions and expectations make a difference.
As a subwoofer is a specific type of speaker tuned for very low frequencies AND the
system is a laptop, the only way this could have been fulfilled is by shipping an
external speaker system, which contradicts built-in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back