Acer Aspire Windows crash

Hi All,

I have acer aspire 1644Wlmi, which crashed a couple of days ago whenever I start it it crashes with followiing error codes:

0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x806CDCC1, 0xF7AC9734, 0xF7AC9430)

booting up does not take me into windows interface.

please advise

thanks

Can you boot into safe mode?

If you can, please go to C:\windows\minidump folder and get last five minidumps, zip them in a single file and attach with your next post. Regards

Thanks a lot.

I can not go the windows or dos interface at all and can not access any files!!!

if i run it in the safe mode it shows list of various files in the command prompt mode and then windows starts then blue screen shows up then crash occurs.

I am getting the following options along with the description of the scene

1. Start with the last working configuration (windows starts => blue screen=> crash=> starts everything again)
2. "Safe Mode" (as described above)
3. "Safe Mode with Networking" (same as safe mode option)
4. "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" (same as safe mode option)
5. "Start Windows Normally" (same as 'start with last working configuration ' option)

I have also tried doing D2D recovery but does not help at all everything leads to blue screen and then a crash!!!!

thanks

Which OS it came with?

Assuming this notebook came with Windows OS, do you have the original CD/DVD for system restore?

Please do not restore if you have some important data on this notebook.

In such case I would advise you to:

1. Take the notebook back to ACER (if it is under warranty)
2. Take it to a qualified technician near you.

thanks a lot.

operating system was windows xp.

i do not need the files currently on the system. please advise how to reboot / recover it to original working state. please note that i have already tried D2D recovery option (as mentioned in the last post).

i have go the recovery cd but cd drive does not read it as may be i haven't used it for quite a while.....

thanks.

Can you please check on some other PC that your recovery CD/DVD is working?

One more option could be to get windows setup on a USB device, and reinstall windows XP (for this to work you will need a legal copy of windows xp). But I would prefer that you do it through your recovery CD/DVD as it will save lots of time and hassles with regard to drivers etc.

Back