Add an graphic card to my computer

Hi,

I want to know if a GTX 650 pass on my thermaltake TR2 430watt power supply
because now I have no graphics cards just an graphic chip form an A6-5400k...

thx for help

The GeForce website says the GTX 650 needs a minimum of a 400W PSU (power supply) so I think you would be just about fine, but I would always recommend a larger PSU than that as that PSU will be pushing it in terms of the power needed and what you have available.

I would always recommend a larger PSU than that as that PSU will be pushing it in terms of the power needed and what you have available.
The rated power specifications is not a minimum, it is recommended that includes headroom to accommodate the largest user base. If the user is not a common user and populates every card slot/port with a device, additional power may need to be calculated. If one GTX 650, one HDD, and one DVD is all that is in the system, chances are 350W's is all that will be needed.

The basic system with the following links, calculate under 300W. A 430W PSU will be fine for the average user with a GTX 650. Additional overhead would only be calculated for a select few.

The rated power specifications is not a minimum, it is recommended that includes headroom to accommodate the largest user base. If the user is not a common user and populates every card slot/port with a device, additional power may need to be calculated. If one GTX 650, one HDD, and one DVD is all that is in the system, chances are 350W's is all that will be needed.

The basic system with the following links, calculate under 300W. A 430W PSU will be fine for the average user with a GTX 650. Additional overhead would only be calculated for a select few.
My bad, thanks for classifying.

It is our position as forum members, to help you make that decision on your own. @hopgop1 and I both mentioned you should be fine sticking with the rated specifications for the GTX 650.

If you are unsure whether your system falls within the specifications that nVidia has recommended for, please list all the components of your system. Only then will I be willing to give a concrete yes or no.

You don't have an excessive amount of hardware, that would require additional calculation. You will be fine with the 430W PSU. What you listed is a basic machine that matches the calculations I posted earlier.

Good stuff Mr. Cooley (y).

CPU: A6-5400k
MB: F2A85-v
2 Hardrive 7200rpm
1 Optical drive
3 leds
and maybe 2 120MM fan and 2 80MM fan+the stock amd rad
I think you should be fine, even with 2 HDDs. The Thermaltake PSU calculater I used said that your system would be using 300W with the GTX 650. It seems a bit low (even with everything), so can anyone confirm? Also, I put 4 120MM LED fans into the calculator.

Back