Admin Utilities for UT2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N-Guy

I'm going to run a temporary server for a day or 2 for a LAN party, but we'd want control over the server without having to close & remake everytime we want a map change. I tried googling & couldn't find any, does anyone know of any?

Close and remake what?

You can set up a dedicated server with webadmin feature so that you can control it with your browser. Just set an administrator name, password and server port.

Close & remake the game.

But we'll only have enough computers for each person. I was just going to do it with mine so it'd be a "Listen" server. Wait, did I get the term right? Hmm pretty much just having the server run as I play. I want admin controls in the "console".

Hm, nothing should prevent you from launching a dedicated server and then joining it from the same computer. It just takes a few megabytes more memory but then you can disconnect and join without stopping the server.

Oh that wasn't the problem, it's just changing the map & maybe adding/remove bots & changing their difficulty.

I'm actually having the exact same problem. None of the admin commands I've found work on a listening or dedicated server. I'd like to be able to switch from gametypes and number of bots, ect. without having to restart the server with the new gametype or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back