AGP slot broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

computernerd17

i bought the comp used and he had a asp graphic card in it and i was cleaning the inside and installing more ram so i pulled it out and now my agp slot does not work
the graphic card works in my other comp and the onboard graphic card does not work plz help im really dont want to buy a new motherboard

You need to reconfirm the AGP Card is fully seated in the channel, sometimes the metal guide bar hits the Motherboard causing the AGP Card not to seat correctly.

Also that onboard issue, do you get any video at all? (Note this is whilst the AGP Card is out)

yes the moniter works if thats what u mean i tested i on 4 moniters and it was seated properly
computer starts up the moniter power goes from green to orange wich means no signal

yes the moniter works if thats what u mean
Thanks for letting us know.

But the internal AGP Card, is what I'm speaking of.
Also your poor spelling is difficult to read at times, please be careful when you write not to use abreviations or incorrect spelling.

ie:
i bought the comp used and he had a asp graphic card in it
Is very confusing

You put in new ram and reseated your AGP card. Then no video.

Take OUT the new ram and put the old in and try again.

Still doesn't work? Did the card have a separate power supply that needs connecting?

How do you know the onboard graphics don't work? Have you tried enabling in BIOS?

i called the person i bought it from and he said the ram prob shorted the motherboard
and suprise surprise he wants me to buy a new one

Hmm so CCT (post#2) was right

So you think it's the Ram. Was it mounted correctly
Is the Ram compatible with that computer?
Has it worked in that computer before, or was it new Ram?

Anyway it's difficult to get sense from you, I still don't know if the Video card is seated correctly yet!

the vidoe card is seated correctly it was all the way in
the ram is compatible sdram pc133.
i got the ram from my other computer and it worked

"Anyway it's difficult to get sense from you"...

Boy kimsland, you're not kidding! In another thread on this same subject by computernerd17, he was told to reset the CMOS... I really think computernerd17 should stay away from opening any computer, any time for any reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back