Alienware m17x Windows 8.1 BSOD (Boot configuration data missing)

Hi, my friends alienware laptop has encountered the BSOD. The error reads.
File: \BCD
Error code: 0xc0000034.
I understand this problem can occur from someone not switching off their computer or laptop properly and thus not allowing the boot configuration files to be written properly. I have had this problem before with my own computer but I managed to fix the problem using command prompt. I cant remember the specifics on what commands I used although I remember using things such as, chkdsk and dskpart.
I'll start of with chkdsk, after typing chkdsk and hitting enter I get the following message. "The type of the file system is NTFS. The volume is in use by another process". Then chkdsk verifies files (stage 1 of 3) and everything is fine, then verifies indexes (stage 2 of 3) same again, everything is fine and then lastly verifies security descriptors (stage 3 of 3) which then comes with the following message. "Errors detected in the uppercase file". I then try chkdsk /f which comes with the following message. "The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.
Now for the dskpart problem. typing dskpart works fine, then when typing commands such as, "list disk" and "list volume" comes with the following message. " There are no fixed disks to show" and "There are no volumes" I am at a complete loss at this as in my situation when my computer had the same problem these commands would show my disks and then helped me to wipe and reformat partitions which allowed me to reinstall Windows 8. But as these commands do nothing I have no idea what to do and I would gladly appreciate the help. The hard drive shows up on the BIOS so I don't think the hard drive has broke either. I also cannot refresh the laptop or reset the laptop from the troubleshoot options as they come up with the errors. "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again". And "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing".
I hope I have given enough information to make the problem clear as I am not too familiar with how computers work. If anyone could help I would be very grateful. Thanks, Paul.

Try doing a factory restore... Or a fresh install of Windows. Sounds like the laptops hard drive has failed

Back