All hard drives no longer show remaining space

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was watching a video on my external hard drive, I accidentally removed the hard drive and this resulted in every single hard drive of mine not being able to show the remaining space when you open my computer. Uploaded a picture of what my computer looks like. As you can see, the remaining space is gone and is replaced by the format of the respective hard drive.

As I have played around with my computer trying to fix this error, I noticed that the search does not come up with things. ie. when I type cmd into the search after clicking the start button, command prompt does not come up anymore. Also, I cannot click the majority of the buttons in the control panel.

I've tried restarting my computer and running system restore but nothings changed.
I have also tried reformatting my sd card seeing if reformatting any hard drive or memory stick would fix the problem but it did absolutely nothing

Please help!

Attachments

• blahblah.jpg
    blahblah.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 8
try the SD card with another PC...if it shows space in a diferent PC then u definitely have messed up your Windows a bit.

You're probably best to try a "Windows repair". What version of Windows are you running? And do you have the installation disks? and/or a recovery partition or recovery disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back