All & sundry kinds of Bsods

Status
Not open for further replies.

apocalypseon

Right. I havent much time. the bsods are pretty unpredictable.
P4 prescott 3ghz ht, asus p4p800-vm, 512mbddr pc2700 166mhz, gigabyte radeon 9600 pro (r96p128de), samsung 80 gb ide hdd. cooler master 390w extreme power plus. memtest ran 30 odd passes clean. drivers are pretty much all updated. mobo bios' been flashed/updated. through software cpu temps are around 59-62 degree celsius when idle. mostly maxes out around 80. mobo stays relatively stable from 29c idle to max of 32c. hdd is around 40c. i dunno what to begin suspecting. the drives(theres another one) are both replaced under warranty less than a year ago. maybe its a messed up registry. i dunno. have quite a few clean reinstalls of windows done. maybe its the sloppy application of thermal grease(cheap) on the cpu heatsink(during one of those cleaning and dusting off the internals). oh and i just bought the cooler master. had a cheapo knockoff earlier rated as high as 450w but just giving 10A on a single +12v rail! im attaching a few minidumps.

Your third minidump is error 0xC9: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

As the title says, this signals a warning from one of the driver verifier I/O managers. In other words, the IO manager has caught a buggy driver and it is cited as PPPoEWin.sys and trying to nail this down is difficult though from what I have been able to read it is a miniport driver from Win Expert Pro. McAfee Advisor (knock on wood) says their study of said site is safe. winexpertpro.com It seems they have drivers for many products.

Perhaps this driver and your IO devices are in conflict.

The other three were 0x8E (2x) and 0xA and both typs of errors are strong indications of hardware issues. The driver cited in all three is TDI.sys and this is a Network Driver from Microsoft. Perhaps a NIC card issue?

ill get back to you soon man. thanks a million million. actually as u may have noticed the order of the minidumps i attached is haphazard and anachronous.

Just a quickie... long time ago id had my onboard intel lan disabled and installed a realtek pci lan card. now i had to replace that with another one by a compex re100atx(based on a realtek chip i guess). now this was after my isp guy convinced me the onboard intel lan was done for. well.. im gonna do a fresh install of windows(u recommend going back to sp1 over sp3 btw? i dunno im paranoid that way)
any inputs?

btw i have a cable internet connection. plus its through pppoe(if u know what that is). so installing the network adapter is only half the hassle. u need to install some protocols(unsigned btw). i wonder if ud have the patience to readup on www dot raspppoe dot com(without spaces ofcourse) incase ur reluctant ill try and explain in more detail, but im short on time right now! once im connected to the internet it WILL crash soon. on disabling the lan tho i havent got a bsod so far...
anyway so the thing is, the onboard lan installs fine and shows working 'correctly' under windows. but the cant connect through to the internet(through the whole messy dialup/pppoe thing). so... shed some light? if u will..

Your error is 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

The driver cited is tcpip.sys and the tcpip.sys file is essential for a Windows based machine to use the tcp/ip protocals(i.e., use Networking or the Internet). Previous reads as #2 reply indicate that other Microsoft networking drivers are in the mix. Again, could your NIC card be causing this issue? Just an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back