Am I still infected with W32.Myzor.FK@yf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was infected by W32.Myzor.FK@yf. My homepage got changed and pop ups saying I need virus protection. I scanned my computer with several anti-virus/spyware programs and got rid of the homepage the virus created and those pop ups. I am not sure if I got rid of the whole virus or if there is something else on my computer but I don't think my computer is virus free yet, so if anybody could help me get rid of this or tell me if its still there, that would be great.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Lets see what we can do for you.

Go HERE and follow the instructions in the order they are given.

Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi there. You have nothing too serious on your log, and the Myzor.FK infection you mention is certianly not present. You might like to do the following though...

Reboot into safe mode, and tell explorer to show hidden files and extensions. (no need to turn off system restore for this, as your log isn't too bad. Unless of course you didn't turn off system restore when you were following the instructions, in which case do so first, and re-enable it once you've finished)...

Open task manager, and end the task
symlcsvc.exe

Go to add/remove programs and...
uninstall DAP (Download accelerator plus)
uninstall anything to do with symantec (not spyware, but I see you've changed antivirus! :)thumbs up:) and you have a residual service)
Spyware detector (it's complete rubbish)

run HJT and let it fix the following entries...
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://express.rogers.yahoo.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = \blank.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O23 - Service: SDService - Max Secure Software - C:\Program Files\SpywareDetector\SDService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

in My Computer/Explorer, go to...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ and delete the "symantec shared" folder.

Reboot normally into windows.

oops - missed one. SpywareBegone is also a suspect/rogue antispyware tool.

Won't do any harm I guess, but I hope he doesn't rely on it!

Quite right Spike. I missed it too.

s888 should go to add remove programme in his control panel and uninstall it asap.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of s888 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back