Amazon's Prime Day will span 48 hours this year

Shawn Knight

Staff member
In brief: If you have mid-year gifts to buy, are eyeballing some back-to-school gear or just want to treat yourself, Prime Day is the perfect opportunity to do so and score a deal in the process.

Amazon in 2015 launched its own artificial shopping holiday to commemorate the company’s 20th anniversary. Dubbed Prime Day, the event promised deals akin to Black Friday but largely disappointed. The e-commerce giant redeemed itself a year later and in 2018, moved to a 36-hour format to give shoppers even more time to scoop up deals.

The extended sales period paid off as Prime Day 2018 was the biggest sales event in company history so this year, they’re going even bigger.

Amazon on Tuesday announced that Prime Day 2019 will be a two-day affair – from July 15 through July 16 – that spans a full 48 hours. More than a million deals will be on offer, we’re told, with “the biggest Prime Day deals ever on Alexa-enabled devices."

The festivities kick off today with the Toshiba HD 43-inch Fire TV Edition Smart TV that’s going for just $179.99 through June 30 (or while supplies last).

If you aren't yet a Prime member, you can start a 30-day free trial to take advantage of Prime Day savings.

Permalink to story.

I think the free trial is only for new peoples. I don't have that option.
You can do a Prime free trial if your account is new OR if you haven't had Prime for a while (I forget how long it has to be to get another trial). I personally use Privacy.com to generate new card numbers and sign up for a new Amazon account using it so I can get the trial. :)

I will be ending Amazon Prime this year but I will snatch a Ryzen for my new build on Amazon. Last year or so they had some crazy good deals on CPU's and motherboards.

You can do a Prime free trial if your account is new OR if you haven't had Prime for a while (I forget how long it has to be to get another trial). I personally use Privacy.com to generate new card numbers and sign up for a new Amazon account using it so I can get the trial. :)
Whoa. Do you mind explaining how Privacy.com works and how you are getting the new trials? PM me?

Whoa. Do you mind explaining how Privacy.com works and how you are getting the new trials? PM me?
Privacy basically lets you generate card numbers. You put in your bank account as a funding source, then generate cards all of which pull from that source. You can make a new card, set a max spending limit on it, and instantly pause/delete it as needed. It's actually quite nice for protecting your real payment info from being leaked online, with the added benifit that places like Amazon don't know all the cards are you since the name on the card can also be anything. You then just need new email accounts for Amazon. I have my own domain so I generate forward-only email accounts to do the initial email verification and vualá!

To get the free prime trial all you have to do is have a different email each time. You can literally just create 12 new emails and have prime for a year.
I just pay the $10 a month. I don't even use it often. I thought I would but don't. However, recently I have made purchases and this may be the start of my use, we will see.

It's 12 months before you can use the same email. Once per year for the same e-mail.

To get the free prime trial all you have to do is have a different email each time. You can literally just create 12 new emails and have prime for a year.
I just pay the $10 a month. I don't even use it often. I thought I would but don't. However, recently I have made purchases and this may be the start of my use, we will see.
yeah problem is they also cross-check your payment source too, hence my recommendation above.

Privacy basically lets you generate card numbers. You put in your bank account as a funding source, then generate cards all of which pull from that source. You can make a new card, set a max spending limit on it, and instantly pause/delete it as needed. It's actually quite nice for protecting your real payment info from being leaked online, with the added benifit that places like Amazon don't know all the cards are you since the name on the card can also be anything. You then just need new email accounts for Amazon. I have my own domain so I generate forward-only email accounts to do the initial email verification and vualá!
Thanks for explaining, already signed up for Netflix!

Back