AMD Athlon 3000G Review: An Unlocked $50 CPU

Nice review, thanks.

What would make this really interesting is comparing the results to those of a used Desktop / Laptop costing the same.

The reason for this is for someone who does not have much money to begin with, $ 265 vs. $355 does make a difference.

What a cute little Athlon, especially if you're going for a low priced system. Those integrated Vega graphics might not shine in the above games, but older and less power hungry games would benefit.

I wonder why the cost/CB points graph is missing the 4560.
the 4560 is the overall winner to me, considering when it was released and for how cheap.

I wonder why the cost/CB points graph is missing the 4560.
the 4560 is the overall winner to me, considering when it was released and for how cheap.

Its recommended retail price was $64, so @ 382 CB points that would give it a cost of $ 0.17 per CB point, putting it right between the Ryzen 3 3200G and Ryzen 5 2400G.

That said, I agree that at the time it was released in January 2017, this was really the best budget CPU you could get.

AMD needs to get more into laptop sphere in an instant. Most people think people on budget laptops don't game, and is somewhat true. That being said, at one point the whole processing power of the CPU will be put to the test, and that would add to the overall value of the machine itself. AMD offers value for the price, and in mobile space is where the value is at. Where you at AMD...

Back