AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition CPU Review

I've got a 955 and it works like a charm, it may need some replacement if bulldozer shows some good numbers... Something like intel core i7 950 performance... But definately not phenom x6 which is almost similar in games to what I have...

Cueto_99 said:
I've got a 955 and it works like a charm, it may need some replacement if bulldozer shows some good numbers... Something like intel core i7 950 performance... But definately not phenom x6 which is almost similar in games to what I have...

I have the 955 Black Edition(overclocked a bit to 3.6Ghz) and a friend has the Core i7 930 with VERY similar specs to mine(he has DDR3 1600, I have DDR2 800) and has overclocked his CPU to 3.8Ghz but both have a GTX 470 and we have VERY similar framerates in games, and his PC cost just over £1000 and mine cost just over £800, so really if you want to just play games and the usual web browsing(like me =P) then I always say to stick with 'bang for buck' but friend said intel always worked for him so =/

"The Phenom II X6 processors quickly proved to be more overclocking friendly than their X4 counterparts and we easily broke the 4.0GHz barrier this time, reaching a stable 4.10GHz overclock."

It feels a bit of a waste you barely touched the overclock considering that many people have overclocked the 1090T's to a stable 4.5 ~ 4.8 GHz.

"The Phenom II X6 processors quickly proved to be more overclocking friendly than their X4 counterparts and we easily broke the 4.0GHz barrier this time, reaching a stable 4.10GHz overclock."

It feels a bit of a waste you barely touched the overclock considering that many people have overclocked the 1090T's to a stable 4.5 ~ 4.8 GHz.

LMAO sure guest keep smoking that ****.

LMAO sure guest keep smoking that ****.

haha exactly. If you think that is impressive the Core i7 980X overclocks to 6.7GHz using standard air-cooling and if you believe that I have some really good swampland going cheap :)

I have Phenom II X4 955 running at stock speeds. I'm planning to overclock it bit and see how fast it can go on air-cooling alone. Probably won't need a hexa-core until we get games that actually use all 6 cores.

The AMD 1090T six core processor was an impressive chip. I look forward to getting the chance to overclock this new AMD 1100T! I just hope they figured out how to keep the next generation stable above 4.0Ghz.

Here are some benchmark results:
http://www.epinions.com/review/3_2GHz_AMD_Phenom_II_X6_Six_Core_Processor_1090T_AM3_OEM_Black_Edition_HDT90ZFBK6DGR/content_527182171780

These Quad running at the max really works well but still I have 3 of them here running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with 8GB of RAM attached to over 4TB HDD each. Work-horse. But OC shorten their life though. Unless you really go them very cool.

How much helpful is it to have more cores for an internet cafe that uses virtual space? I plan to have about 30 thin clients attached to it. Since people will be opening their own programs doesn't it make sense to have as many cores as possible with most speeds? Where as if only 1 person is using it, it may not be as advantageous.

Back