AMD Radeon RX 550 + Intel Pentium G4560: The Ultimate eSports Combo?

I like seeing how this time around instead of putting together behemoth builds, this test went the opposite route. My takeaway from this is, as long as you stay at 1080p (and for slightly more demanding titles, tweaking graphical settings) things look pretty peachy, but it really depends on what you end up wanting to play...

Interesting build there. Done for a specific job and it does it well.

Not sure I'd get anything like it myself though, a dual-core CPU is going to limit the system for any game much larger than an esports title... But if that (or other lower spec games) are all you want to play for the foreseeable future it works well :)

Not sure I'd get anything like it myself though, a dual-core CPU is going to limit the system for any game much larger than an esports title... But if that (or other lower spec games) are all you want to play for the foreseeable future it works well :)
The G4560 is not a 2/2, its a 2/4.

Basically that means it is a dual core with 4 threads -2 threads per processor. Not sure where you were going with your comment there. Seems like you were correcting amstech but in fact a dual core with extra threads is still a dual core processor. What would make it more interesting would be the processor 4/4 or hyperthreading 4/8 which would be a great value for the money.

I am interested more to the desk pipes + light bulb. Great photo!
I was thinking the same thing. I thought the desk lamp was a little steampunk but seemed functional. Also the bulb has extra long filaments so that makes it look out of this world.

Basically that means it is a dual core with 4 threads -2 threads per processor. Not sure where you were going with your comment there. Seems like you were correcting amstech but in fact a dual core with extra threads is still a dual core processor. What would make it more interesting would be the processor 4/4 or hyperthreading 4/8 which would be a great value for the money.

I believe he was simply correcting you on your incorrect dual core assessment.

New Subject; nice review! Just goes to show you how little CPU and graphic power you need to play many of today's games at solid settings. The pure PC games tend to scale very well, the AAA console ports include tons of bells & whistles to their basic engines in order to help push GPU hardware sales.

Last edited:
This would also make a good companion to the Ryzen chips for business use. Intel's igpu although lacking in games is more than adequate for basic computing tasks such as Office and email. Just a thought. Makes the Ryzen 5 more of a value than having to add a $100 gpu.

Last edited:
Lol, people seem more interested in the light bulb than the 550. Me included, have a look at the second hand market, can get far better for far less than this latest AMD rebrand.

I am interested more to the desk pipes + light bulb. Great photo!
I was thinking the same thing. I thought the desk lamp was a little steampunk but seemed functional. Also the bulb has extra long filaments so that makes it look out of this world.
Very in this world, those are called Edison filament bulbs, you can get them in LED too. The LED is a strip and not individual chips so the light is even and it comes in multiple designs. You can find squirrel cage (the kind in the pic), spiral and the extra long filament ones. They are getting more popular ATM.

This would also make a good companion to the Ryzen chips for business use. Intel's igpu although lacking in games is more than adequate for basic computing tasks such as Office and email. Just a thought. Makes the Ryzen 5 more of a value than having to add a $100 gpu.

This was my first thought as well. Ryzen offers incredible value for gamers and those who already own a serviceable GPU, but for those of us who don't game or use apps that require any real graphics horsepower, the value of Ryzen over Intel is muddied by the lack of iGPU compared to the capable offerings of the Skylake/Kaby Lake Core series chips.

Hi, I'm interested in buying a motherboard ASUS B250M-K D3 and that microprocessor. I have RX 550 2GB. How do pubg and gta v work? I would appreciate your response! I have 4GB of RAM right now. Thank you.

Back