AMD video shows off over 70 current and upcoming games that support FSR

midian182

Staff member
In context: AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution, better known as FSR, has been around for six months now, which has prompted Lisa Su and co. to release a promo video showing off the tech's 70+ current and upcoming supported games.

AMD’s open-source upscaling tech works similarly to Nvidia’s lauded DLSS: reducing a game’s rendering resolution then using an algorithm to upscale an image to the target resolution, thereby improving performance. But instead of using AI-based temporal upscaling like Nvidia, FSR relies on spatial upscaling with no AI used in the process.

FSR has proved very popular since its arrival. So popular, in fact, that AMD says it has “become the fastest adopted software gaming technology in AMD history.”

In its video, team red notes that 47 games currently support FSR, and a further 24 titles are set to receive support—see the complete list at the bottom of the page.

Most of the games in the video are shown in 4K using the Radeon RX 6900 XT. There are a handful running on the less-powerful Radeon RX 6800 XT, including God of War, which manages an impressive 57fps at Ultra settings in 3840 x 2160.

We do see one game playing at 1440p in the video. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is shown reaching 99fps at this resolution with the Radeon RX 6800 XT.

The upscaling tech market will get another player next year when Intel’s Xe Super Sampling (XeSS) arrives alongside its Arc Alchemist graphics cards. Team Blue’s version is similar to FSR in that it uses open standards and will run across multiple GPU platforms, but it’s also AI-based in the same way as DLSS.

Current games with FSR support:

• 22nd Century Racing Games
  • Amid Evil
  • Anno 1800
  • Arcadegeddon
  • Assetto Corsa Competizione
  • Back 4 Blood
  • Baldurs Gate III
  • Black Desert
  • Call of Duty Vanguard
  • Century: Age of Ashes
  • Chernobyl Lite
  • DeathLoop
  • DOTA 2
  • Edge of Eternity
  • Elite Dangerous: Odyssey
  • Enlisted
  • Evil Genius 2: World Domination
  • F1 2021
  • Far Cry 6
  • Farming Simulator 22
  • GAMEDEC
  • Ghostrunner
  • Godfall
  • Grounded
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Icarus
  • KEO
  • Kingshunt
  • Builders Journey
  • Marvel's Avengers
  • The Medium
  • MYST
  • NECROMUNDA: Hired Gun
  • The Rift Breaker
  • Second Extinction
  • Terminator Resistance
  • Undying
  • Resident Evil Village
  • War Mongrels
  • WARHAMMER Vermentide
  • World of Warcraft: Shadowlands
  • World of Warships
  • World War Z: Aftermath

Games set to receive FSR support:

• Astergos
  • Vampire Masquerade: Blood Hunt
  • Do Something
  • Edge of The Abyss
  • Escape From Tarkov
  • Evil V Evil
  • Forspoken
  • God of War
  • Hellish Quart
  • Hitman III
  • Hot Wheels Unleashed
  • Iron Conflict
  • No Man's Sky
  • Raji
  • Stray Blade
  • Super People
  • The Elders Scroll Online
  • Warface
  • Workshop Simulator
  • X4: Foundations

Permalink to story.

FSR is a poor imitation of DLSS. Digital Foundry recently laughed at the suggestion FSR was remotely equivalent for image quality. It isn't.

Horizon Zero Dawn recently incorporated DLSS, and they were blown away by how good the game resolves especially with the inherent anti aliasing given by the technique.

Last edited:
It's not really a win for AMD over Nvidia considering FSR supports Nvidia GPUs. DLSS will make people choose Nvidia over AMD, FSR won't change peoples prefrences.
Ah, but you‘re missing the point - before FSR, DLSS was the only upsampling feature available, now it‘s not (unless you want to stare at zoomed in pictures of wires all day).

With XeSS, there will be a third contender.

Sure, all of them work just fine on an RTX card, but the point is that you no longer need to buy one for a decent upsampling option.

And no, I‘m not going to discuss FSR‘s merit or quality - if you don‘t like it, that‘s perfectly fine, but idgaf.

I don't give a flying **** about nvidia or RTX or DLSS.

I have AMD and soon intel too as a GPU option and for software options also...

This is only FSR 1.0 who ever is so naive as to think they name it 1.0 and AMD is not working on 2.0 is just showing their ignorance and their stupidity... We have had leaks that as soon as 1.0 was launched AMD was already working on 2.0.

I love close competition and multiple fighters in the same arena, because now I'm not "forced" to choose the scummiest company on earth nvidia and their GPUs. I have zero regrets since I switched to RDNA2, zero.

Ah, but you‘re missing the point - before FSR, DLSS was the only upsampling feature available, now it‘s not (unless you want to stare at zoomed in pictures of wires all day).

Sure, all of them work just fine on an RTX card, but the point is that you no longer need to buy one for a decent upsampling option.

And no, I‘m not going to discuss FSR‘s merit or quality - if you don‘t like it, that‘s perfectly fine, but idgaf.

To add to this, remember that FSR being open source means that even though is nice to get *official* game support many games already support it with mods. There's even injector tools that mod it into ANY game.

The day fans can create mods to add DLSS support is the day you could have true feature parity. Otherwise, DLSS implementation might look and perform better, but it is used as a bludgeon tool to only sell Nvidia cards and only support games Nvidia deems worthy, which most certainly won't always be the ones you actually want to play.

Last edited:
And none of this will come into consideration of your next video card, and no one but a screenshot will care about it while playing a game. If you care that much about the detail, watch a 4k movie. Other things to worry about in a game.

Money decides for you.

If you care that much about the detail, watch a 4k movie. Other things to worry about in a game

Yes there is only 1 correct way to game and that's 720p to 1080p at at least 240hz right? Everyone else is doing it wrong even though you're statistically and very likely inside the 90% of people who are bad enough at competitive videogames that their reflexes and skills don't actually let them take advantage of any refresh rate above 75hz or so?

If I had to guess I bet you also "hate politics in games" and were extremely interested in "ethics in videogame journalism" is this sounding accurate?

God of war a PS4 game runs at 57fps, it's pathetic the game has no optimisation whatsoever. It should run at 120fps on an 6800XT.

I have an RX480, it’s old, it can’t do 60 in modern games at 1080p and I still don’t ever use FSR, I’d rather have the lower frame rate as the impact on image quality is awful. It adds this bizarre jitter to the image that I really can’t stand. In no way is in anywhere near as good as DLSS, I don’t see why anyone would use it. It’s just a shoddy clone of DLSS so AMD can have it in their marketing. If AMD are paying devs to leave out DLSS in favour of FSR then that’s disgustingly anti-consumer.

Last edited:
FSR is a poor imitation of DLSS. Digital Foundry recently laughed at the suggestion FSR was remotely equivalent for image quality. It isn't.

Horizon Zero Dawn recently incorporated DLSS, and they were blown away by how good the game resolves especially with the inherent anti aliasing given by the technique.

I guess its good I just picked up this game yesterday and playing at Ultrawide 3440x1440 and don't need to use any upscaling because I have a gpu powerful enough to render at native.

God of war a PS4 game runs at 57fps, it's pathetic the game has no optimisation whatsoever. It should run at 120fps on an 6800XT.

That is 57 fps at 4k the ps4 version will not even be remotely close to that.

I think this hurts AMD more than it helps.
It leaves little incentive to buy AMD when their best software products are open. In the long term, will we see new versions and fixes quickly, sporadic or not at all? Will devs just stop adding it a year from now?

With 70+ titles already, I'd like to know why AMD made it open so quickly. I used to think this would be best for consoles, but I feel dynamic resolutions would affect the visuals.

Kudos to AMD for sharing, but they need more help than Nvidia in the dGPU market so they should have held onto FSR at least a little while longer. In the short term, Intel only has to beat AMD to make things harder than it already is for them. I'll be watching.

More upsamplers are great news for consumers, I like FSR giving me extra FPS with minimal degradation in quality but what I am trying to say is AMD has nothing that Nvidia doesn't so there's nothing to persuade me to buy their card over Nvidias if we assume both have identical performance and price.

I think people are forgetting that FSR is better suited to higher resolutions such as 4k, any lower than 1440p and FSR really struggles to give a close native resolution. 1080p + FSR is a no go while DLSS works wonders even at an output of 1080.

As I said its not gonna change the world on desktop but on console its a good deal. When they are ready with the v2 its gonna be even better.

Yes there is only 1 correct way to game and that's 720p to 1080p at at least 240hz right? Everyone else is doing it wrong even though you're statistically and very likely inside the 90% of people who are bad enough at competitive videogames that their reflexes and skills don't actually let them take advantage of any refresh rate above 75hz or so?

When I was the age where I might have been able to gain a noticeable benefit from a high refresh rate setup, 30 fps was all the rage on a PC. Now that I’m well past my prime, 4K (actually 5120x1440p) @ 60 fps with as many settings maxed is what I strive for and competitive multiplayer is out (PvE MMOs I still play). Well, I did enjoy War Thunder and World of Warships until they turned into massive lootbox infested grindathons, but you don’t need the reflexes of a teenager to do well in those.

Oh, yes, please - my direction
:)
I've tried...
fail-watermelon.gif

When I was the age where I might have been able to gain a noticeable benefit from a high refresh rate setup, 30 fps was all the rage on a PC. Now that I’m well past my prime, 4K (actually 5120x1440p) @ 60 fps with as many settings maxed is what I strive for and competitive multiplayer is out (PvE MMOs I still play). Well, I did enjoy War Thunder and World of Warships until they turned into massive lootbox infested grindathons, but you don’t need the reflexes of a teenager to do well in those.
I've been a PC gamer since the early 90s, I don't remember a time when 30 FPS was considered normal. Hitting 60FPS or better was always the goal for 3D games.

Back