AMD64 w/ WinXP Pro reseting

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_pavon

Don't know if this kind of problem goes in this topic, but I really don't know where else to post it.

My old system was:
CPU: AMD 2700XP
MOBO: Abit NF7
eVGA nVidia 6800 128mb
1GB 333 DDR Ram
2 WD 80GB Hard Drives
Audigy 2ZS Soundcard
Leadtek Deluxe 2000 TV Tuner
Ethernet PCI
Modem PCI
350W Power Supply

I swapped the mobo and cpu for a AMD64 3000 CPU and an Abit KV8 Pro mobo, left everything else as it is.

I installed WinXP Pro SP2 retail version just fine, but when installing drivers windows crashed in a looping sequence.... I reinstalled winXP and tried installing drivers in different order and same thing happened, one thing I noticed was an often poping or cracking sound that came from the PC just like the one the monitor makes when you set the max resolution or the one my UPS battery makes when there's a power shortage... Windows also paused often for 3 to 5 seconds along with the poping without any work from the hard drive.

Next thing I tried was plain WinXP Pro, I installed every driver just fine but the poping and pausing remained... it ended up crashing, first time it just restarted and asked for the winXP cd to repair, after reinstalling it crashed again but when restarted it shows a blue screen while loading windows and restarts again.

As you can see I installed winXP 4 times, haven't tried abything else cause something must be wrong.... I don't have a clue what the problem could be!

Please help, Thx in advance.

You probably are in the wrong forum, because I think you have some hardware issues. Your power supply might be a little light.
At any rate pull all of the cards,etc. off your Mb and try to get booted up.Then add items 1 at a time and see if you can isolate the popping sound .Whatever it is you must stop/replace the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back