AMD's Radeon Software 16.1 Hotfix driver fixes tons of bugs

Scorpus

Staff member

AMD's first graphics card driver of 2016 is here, the Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 Hotfix driver, and it brings with it a ton of bug fixes for a collection of the latest games.

There are no new features in this driver, but the list of resolved issues is extensive. If you're playing Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Star Wars Battlefront, Dirt Rally, or Elite: Dangerous, there's at least one bug or performance issue that has been fixed in the 16.1 Hotfix driver.

On the other hand there is also an extensive list of known issues, primarily affecting CrossFire- and/or FreeSync-enabled systems. Luckily, most of the issues relating to the Radeon Settings app and general system usage have been addressed in this driver, including error messages during installation, and minor issues with the UI.

As always, you can download the latest AMD Radeon drivers automatically through Radeon Settings, or alternatively, you can download a manual installer from our driver download section here.

Permalink to story.

and it brings with it a ton of bug fixes
What a terrible way to advertise products...

AMD, you don't need to tell us that you have f-d up, we've known that for years now.

Can you honestly say that Nvidia is more perfect? The Nvidia launcher won't even give you an error code if something goes wrong. Go delete your computer's temporary folder and try to install Nvidia drivers.

Can you honestly say that Nvidia is more perfect? The Nvidia launcher won't even give you an error code if something goes wrong. Go delete your computer's temporary folder and try to install Nvidia drivers.
I did not say anything about nVidia, and am not going to. That's beside the point of how not to advertise improvements.

I did not say anything about nVidia, and am not going to. That's beside the point of how not to advertise improvements.

You didn't need to say Nvidia to draw a natural comparison. If you're saying AMD is doing a poor job it's obviously in comparison to another company, less you have no baseline for your statement. Unless you are basing your statement on something illogical, the only possible scenario is that the foundation of your words was upon a company of similar caliber or occupation, if you will.

"That's beside the point of how not to advertise improvements."

Bug fixes are not improvements per say and they aren't being advertised. TechSpot just picked up the release notes from AMD's website, AMD did not actively solicit TechSpot.

Here's a good questions though, what exactly is wrong with having a driver update dedicated to bugfixes? Is their something so wrong with AMD that this necessitated being picked at? If you can come up with a better solution I would like to hear it.

Way to go RTG! Keep those updates coming. Loving the way Raj does business, I see a turn around coming very soon.

Stop getting so butthurt over AMD.
The moment anyone says anything remotely negative you jump out of your seat with your sword and shield.
It's a god damn company dude, relax.

I believe you are the one how is "jumping out of his seat" right now. Your stating supposition that's proven wrong by my post history.

Now if you can add to the conversation that would be great but otherwise I believe that usually the one coming into the conversation stating obscenities is the wound-up one.

Now if only we could get the reduced load times and increased performance we were promised.

I believe you are the one how is "jumping out of his seat" right now. Your stating supposition that's proven wrong by my post history.

Now if you can add to the conversation that would be great but otherwise I believe that usually the one coming into the conversation stating obscenities is the wound-up one.

Now, now childrenz ...:'(

What advertisement? This is just an article that has nothing to do with AMD.
Have you even seen the release notes of NVIDIA? They always have pages of known issues.

In my case, I've always had more problems with Nvidia drivers than AMD. Laptops that are older than 2 years are especially problematic.

And I always see you bashing on AMD for no reason in the comments. What is your problem dude? This is a simple release notes article, what reason do you have to start these stupid arguments?
Starting flame wars is not how you support your favorite company, it just makes you look like a fanboy and nobody likes this type of childish comments.

Crimson drivers are new, I for one was expecting lots of bug fixes. I see many more fixes coming in the next few driver versions. Fine tuning is a lengthy process. I'm glad they are quickly improving on Crimson drivers. I'm happy for all you AMD fans.

AMD drivers drive me mad to the point I ditched the cards I owned and switched to nVidia. My life expectancy got way higher after I did it.

AMD drivers drive me mad to the point I ditched the cards I owned and switched to nVidia. My life expectancy got way higher after I did it.

That's what I keep hearing, but I've technically had in game bugs with both brands that were consistently resolved by updating to the latest driver version. That itself was well over 9 years ago with a Radeon 9250 in HL2 and a GeForce 6200 in Area 51.

Since then, I haven't had any graphics issues besides a single DOA Sapphire Radeon R9 280X for a system I was building for a friend. I'm fairly convinced that drivers have come a long way and are fairly stable these days.

Have you even seen the release notes of NVIDIA? They always have pages of known issues.
Honestly they seem to barely list any issues. There's one major problem right now: Win10 v1511 + DSR = VRAM leak. The rep on their forums has acknowledged it after me and another reported it, but of course there is nothing in the notes. And it's an issue affecting all Nvidia products under 10 as far as I'm aware of. It'd be nice if they actually added issues...

I wanna check out AMD's release notes to see if list barely anything too or something substantial.

That's what I keep hearing, but I've technically had in game bugs with both brands that were consistently resolved by updating to the latest driver version. That itself was well over 9 years ago with a Radeon 9250 in HL2 and a GeForce 6200 in Area 51.

Since then, I haven't had any graphics issues besides a single DOA Sapphire Radeon R9 280X for a system I was building for a friend. I'm fairly convinced that drivers have come a long way and are fairly stable these days.
I'm in the same boat. I've had my run ins with bugs with both companies, although I haven't dealt with AMD at all as my last card was ATI. AMD has come a long way for sure, and Nvidia lately I feel has been mediocre. But hey, there's highs and lows and each company will have bad times repeated. I see it just as a bandwagon thing, while some have their own legit reasons too.

Back