Annoying blue screen issue!

jancis959

I have recently bought club-3d nvidia 6200 noiseless edition agp 8x 256mb and it crashes all the games which I couldnt launch until upgraded video card and all time it crashes with stop error 0x000007f below is the debug
my pc stats
ram-1,25gb
cpu-AMD Sempron(tm) 3000+ 1,99ghz
pc it self-fujitsu siemens l edition
motherboard-ASUS AMI A7N8X-VM400
psu-dc-input 200-240v dc-output 300w
didnt know which was corect so putted bought
os-windows xp service pack 2

View attachment debug.txt

View attachment debug2.txt

This crash is caused by the Nvidia driver or the card is faulty.

Use this process to remove all the graphics drivers for the old card and the new one then reboot and follow the prompts to reinstall the drivers for the new card.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

Check the minimum requirements for the games you are running and compare with your system specs, your RAM is a bit low for some games.

Windows XP SP2 is no longer supported by Microsoft so make sure you turn on Automatic Updates to get up to SP3 or your system will be wide open to infection.

Your system should be OK for Cobra 11 Nitro.

Do you have more than one stick of RAM. If so try running with just one stick and see if it still crashes, then swap sticks and try again.

There is an application "White.exe" named in the dubug log, try disabling it.

What is the computer name and model number?

am k will try that. white.exe is a game called black and white 2 .
computer name-fujitsu siemens computers l edition
where can i find model number ?

OK, see how it goes with the RAM, don't worry about the model number if it is not on the case somewhere.

oh checked the ram all combinations which i could and it still crashes....
maybe i need to set something in bios to make it work because i have agp maybe the aperture size from 64mb to higher

OK, the idea here is to try and run any graphic intensive program to see if the system continues to crash with the graphics card out of the system.

Do you have any DVD videos, will they run OK or crash if you play one using the graphics card.

If they cause a crash with the card then remove the card and play the same DVD video using the onboard graphics.

Can you see what I am getting at here. A bit of experimantation to try and determine if the graphics card, and/or the driver, is faulty.

As I suspected. As long as you are sure the correct most up to date drivers are installed then I would say the card has a fault and you should return it for a replacement.

The only other experiment you could do is fit it into another PC, install the drivers and run the same game, if it fails you can then be sure it is the card, if it works then we need to look deeper into the problem. A possible memory or power supply fault might also cause this issue but the card is the prime suspect.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Suprised at that because the minimum system requirements state 128Mb graphics card and you have 256Mb, may be I am missing something in the terminology.

well i dont know why he sayd too that my video card isnt powerfull enouf i putted a fan on the video card soo it doesnt get soo hot :/ but ya in the shop the shopper sayd that it isnt realy made for high intece games but on the cover was tom clancy hawx game1 which is pirtty hard to launch but i dont know

What version of DirectX are you running, this card supports version 9 if you have upgraded to a higher version this could be a problem, if you have a lower version you need to upgrade.

The tom clancy hawx game you mention needs 256Mb which your card does have and it is compliant with DirectX 9 and 10. But it requires 2Gb of memory so you are below the specs for that.

As I said earlier the Cobra game should run on your card as far as I can tell.

The one thing that may help as your system is near to minimum requirements is to make sure nothing else is running when you use the games as other processes will take away available memory and processor power.

Your PSU is also on the limit.

The only thing I can pick up from the DxDiag is that your card is not set on the highest resolution. Try setting it to a higher resolution and see if that helps.You could also try setting it to a lower resolution, the picture will be crap but it may stop it crashing.

The best test you can do is to run this card on a higher spec PC, install the drivers and then try the game. If it works then it will most likely be due to your low memory and processor speed. Obviously if it still fails then perhaps the card is not up to the job or it is faulty, with the specs for your PC and the card being so close to the line this is a tricky one to be sure of.

Back