Annoying Popups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting an annoying pop up in my system tray saying:

'Your computer is infected!'

and other stuff

I know this isn't Microsoft because of the spelling/grammar. There's also a big red cross in the system tray. It's really getting on my nerves. Also it re-directs Google so I have to use Safari to browse the web at the moment.

All help is very appreciated.

Cheers

could potentially be a toolbar program. they usually get installed as extra feature of small apps - mostly freeware programs.
have a look at add/remove programs in the control panel. there look for:

toolbar or toolbar in combination with internet explorer or google, yahoo and so on.

if there is one, uninstall it

Hi

I followed the instructions. The Anti-Malware log is attatched. For some reason it won't let me install superantispyware or let me run Hijackthis. I can download superantispyware but when I click on it nothing happens, same with hijackthis.

Symptons: Red and white cross in my tray. Pops up and says: 'Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection...' and so on

Also when I search on Google it lets me search but I try to click on a link and it will bring up a new window with a different site. You can tell it's not Google because it looks different. Not sure if this is a sympton but a lot of Internet Explorer pages won't display.

Cheers

You ran Malwarebytes, right? You should be able to attach that log. As for SuperAntispyware and HijackThis, boot into Safe Mode and install from there. attach all three logs when through. To the best of my knowledge there is no one here who will accept an emailed log!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back