Another Joyful RuneScape Lag Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, this must be common. ;[ I read all the other Lag threads for RuneScape and unfortunately it did not help. I also looked up solutions on hundreds of sites and this is the first site I’m asking questions on. And I’m not a computer junkie, so excuse the unspecified computer talk. Help please?

Hmm, I play RuneScape quite often, or atleast I DID, before my dad introduced this piece of crap computer into the house. When I do play, everything is slow, and edgy. Nothing moves smoothly, and every 10-15 minutes (if I'm lucky) I get disconnected.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Intel Celeron processor
1.0 GHz, 256 MB of RAM (Oh my god, my other computer had 528 MB of RAM. ;-; My baby…)

Java Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_15-b04)

I’m pretty sure that the reason it doesn’t work is because of the RAM, but isn’t there a way to fix that, like messing with the virtual memory or something?

I CAN’T use the latest version of Java because Runescape didn’t even load when I had it, so I uninstalled that, and installed different version. I don’t know what update it is, but it works a heck of a lot better than what I had before.

My dad is a cheapskate and absolutely refuses to buy a new computer or any components for it that will make it run smoother. And I can’t get a job. ;w;

And no…I’m not going to quit playing RuneScape so don’t even suggest it please. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back