Another new PC help needed

nik11105

hi every body i building a new pc for my self cause i sold the other one to my friend
here are the parts. i am not going over my budget of 1100 pounds or 1300 euro

Product -------------------------- Pounds

EVGA GeForce GTX 470 - 246
Intel Core i5 760 2.80GHz - 157
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 - 150
Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB - 48
WD Caviar Black 500GB - 50 (sata 6g/s for os)
Samsung 22x DVD±RW - 13
Titan Fenrir Evo CPUCooler - 36
12 inch cathode blue - 8
Evo Labs 800W ATX - 62
OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Gold - 65 (x2 dont know yet)
NZXT Crafted Series LEXA S - 64
Emprex 9051H Gaming Keyboard - 20
A4 X-748K gaming mouse - 18
Samsung B2230H 22 inch - 130

i have an os (windows profesional 64 bit)
so tell me what you think!!!
Nik11105

Buy a better PSU, and drop down to a GTX 460 and an i7 750. Also consider getting an SSD instead of the WD HDD, unless you're going over budget because of it. And stick to 4GB of RAM; it's plenty.

I agree with Rage, a GTX 460, i5 750 and a better known branded PSU of around 650w plus.

If you can stay in budget get a decent SSD instead of the WD. It will be much better.

but why a gtx 460? isnt the gtx 470 better in games

I believe its because its cooler, more power efficient and generally regarded as the better card for its pricepoint when compared with the GTX470.

You can also easily overclock the GTX460 to surpass the GTX470 in regards to performance.

The specific, technical reasons I'll leave to someone else, but that's the impression I've got in regards to it.

i dont really care about power efficency i care a about performance and if i over clock the gtx 470 i heard it can reach the 480 standard

470 is nearly the cost of two 460's or a 5850/5870 (or am I ignorant of VAT again?), and has weak performance compared to both.

i dont really care about power efficency i care a about performance and if i over clock the gtx 470 i heard it can reach the 480 standard
Oh I wouldn't count on that.

4GB of RAM is more than enough; if you pick out a new powersupply, let us know. Corsair 650 would be great for SLI 460's or a 5870.

ok so gtx 460 it is (i am also thinking of SLI -ing but which ones i would prefer evga but what ever you people think:)! Now for somithe else does anybody recomend the EVGA p55 FTW 200 mother board? or is the one i have now better?

Your motherboard above (in 1st post) supports Crossfire and SLI, so is ideal. Personally, I'd choose Gigabyte over EVGA, but others might have differing opinions.

The decision on which GPU would depend on price to me. An identical GPU made by one manufacturer, compared with another made exactly the same but with a higher price doesn't guarantee anything better. I'd be choosing the cheapest GTX460 1GB version to run two as SLI, but again others might differ in opinions. Whatever avenue you take, they'll be easily OC'd for even more power! :D

A 650W PSU should power them (SLI GTX460's) fine, but if you want extra capacity, go for 700W+. Get something reputable though, as cheaper PSU's are no good for this sort of setup, or anything for that matter really. lol.

Mobo-wise, Gigabyte is ideal. For the GPU, eVGA is the best choice IMHO due to their unrivaled warranty coverage.

As far as PSUs go, check out this list.

Back