Antec 300 build <pics>

Buckshot420

Im building a simple PC and wanted to show some pics. I'm sure some of you use the Antec 300 case and I wanted to show that you can somewhat manage cables without cutting holes (though you will have a nicer looking inside with holes) and using only cable ties. Please, feel free to post your own Antec 300 case mods so i can get some ideas or leave a comment, thanks!!

11b21so.jpg

o9nuz8.jpg

I added a window but you'll notice it's not just taped on the inside of the panel. I think it gives a much more professional look and Much more sturdy, not to mention this was my first window install :grinthumb

20qj9lj.jpg

fjg5xt.jpg

I found a light and decided to put it in. Picture doesn't look as good.

2o1vs.jpg

A buddy had a spare tube so i decided to throw it in. I guess some sleeving and shrinking will come next.

That's a good-looking rig. Love that big window. Your lay out looks neat and tidy . Some sleeves would make it look even better. I used to have an Antec 300. My brother "sequestered" it when he built his rig. I always liked the understated looks of that case -- quite roomy, too, for a mid-tower.

Is that a Hyper 212 cooling your CPU? If it is, you can slap another 120mm fan onto it -- shave a tad off your current temps. I think you have space for it.

That's a good-looking rig. Love that big window. Your lay out looks neat and tidy . Some sleeves would make it look even better. I used to have an Antec 300. My brother "sequestered" it when he built his rig. I always liked the understated looks of that case -- quite roomy, too, for a mid-tower.

Is that a Hyper 212 cooling your CPU? If it is, you can slap another 120mm fan onto it -- shave a tad off your current temps. I think you have space for it.

Thanks Dawn! It is a 212 but I will be pulling the HDD cage and installing an H100 in the coming weeks. I really like the minimalistic look of the 300 as well.

Anyone have any ideas about side-mounting a HDD in a 5.25 bay in this case? I have 5.25 adapter brackets in mine but Im wondering if anyone knew of a single/double (can't be triple, needs optical drive)) cage that would allow side-mounting.

Back