Antec Digital PSU Tester confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manikle

Am I mistaken in believing that both the 24 pin conn and the 8 pin 12v connector need to be plugged in at all times in order for the tester to function?
For example, if testing a PCIE connector, would you have 3 connectors plugged-in or two?

Is this the tester?
Antec Power Supply Tester

The 20-24 pin connector is the only plug that needs to be plugged into the tester, for the power supply to start. The 12 volt 4 or 8 pin connector or any other connector doesn't have to be plugged in for the power supply to start

Sorry. I didn't link to it because they only make one digital psu tester--the discontinued model that they used to make wasn't digital.
Well, Tmagic650, that appears to contradict the Antec online directions--especially when you view the online diagrams, it appears as though the 24pin and a 4/6 or 8 pin must always be plugged in.
Here's their webpage , on which you have to click manuals to view the manual:
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjA3OA==

Instructions:
1. Plug your 24-pin and 4-pin/6-pin/8-pin connector into the Digital PC Power Tester.
2. Turn on your power supply unit.
3. The LCD screen will display voltage and PG value. You will also hear two short beeps.
4. Check your SATA and Molex power output connectors one at a time by plugging each into the Digital PC Power Tester’s corresponding input connectors.
The LED will light up if the power output works. The LED will not light up if the power output does not work.
Note: Do not plug two peripheral power outputs (floppy, SATA, peripheral) into the Digital PC Power Tester at the same time.
5. After testing your power, turn off your power supply unit before removing any connectors.

I was hoping someone here would have used the same one, so I'll know if mine is functioning properly or not.

Okay Manikle,
I use much cheaper models. No digital display just LEDs... You can plug in the 24 pin connector and turn on the power supply. The fans in the computer will spin and the LEDs will light... Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back