Anti-Movie copy ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerex

Well, blue ray is finnaly cracked.

Any ideas for a special anti-piracy system? I was thinking a seperate special "key" that came with every movie, like a small laser pointer that you twist into a TV, then the T.V. played it. The sound would be sent optically too, along all speaker channels. Each part of the T.V. would be encrypted with it's unencryption keys storted in the a central core, like a processor. The core would have optical wires travaling to a small flash-drive like thing, which holds all the keys, but the flash drive is ultrathin, and the connections between the are microlasers, so it'd be impossible to open the flash drive without damaging components, and wires can't be intercepted because they are optical.

CRACK THAT!

Anymore ideas?

Well, first, this is just like the VCMS - it would only work if everyone in the world could be forced to throw away their old equipment and be given new (outrageously expensive) stuff.

Second, the manufactuing costs would skyrocket. Every copyrighted piece would have to be encoded separately for every copy sold and paired with a unique key.

Why do you think that optical signals cannot be captured and decoded?
Anyone could grab the "key" beam from your "pointer", store and replay it at will. You'd have to do two-way communication for private/public key encryption/decryption.

Also, you can do optics any way you like, but in the end the video and audio signals have to go electrical to drive the display and the speakers. And anyone can tap the resulting unencrypted video and audio from the wires.

Not to mention that we could just cam the TV :)

Really. Instead of wasting time and money doing the impossible, people should realise that the current copyright law and related business models are flawed and we should be working on new laws that fit the new world, not trying to turn back time.

Well this could be HD, so camming the T.V. wouldn't work. Also, the pointer wouldn't be available for computers, only display devices like a T.V. or monitor. Also, yes they have to go electrical, but the wiring could be invused in something like a circuit board, so it'd be impossible to tap it without damaging the equipment. 2-way communication yes. You know how lightbulbs have that twist-in edge that also doubles as a connector? Laser too. the twist in edge sends a series of electrical pulses to achive what it needs to. Also, the laser could be filtered indevidually so the distance between the source lens and reciving lens is specefically set, .1 mm to far or too close means it wouldn't work.

CRACK THAT!

Wow... Clever.....

Is there a point to this thread, other than to alienate all the remaining 2 or 3 people who aren't completely fed up with DRM?

Oy Vey.......

Ooooo....a Wiki sticki..... Thanx Tedster....great link to the answer for a rhetorical question in a pointless thread.... Is that like a hat trick or something?

I read that before, and it told be absoulutly nothing about what DRM does. I did notice that when I recorded a hi-fi DRM 2.0 pirce of music, the recordings came out sounding bad, even though 1 was a .WAV .

Generic terms.....

DRM is a concept, not an individual technology per se. CSS is a type of DRM, as is ripguard, as is starlock and so forth. Any strategy used to prevent the duplication of digital media could be called "DRM". If your copy of a protected music file sounded like s***, then whatever form of DRM is involved is/was doing it's job.

I wonder what was after the S... anyways, I have no problem with how my music sounds, other then the fact that recordings sound like S???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back