AOC Agon AG251FZ Review: 240Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor

The killer, of course, is that no AMD card can actually get the most out of the monitor.... No point buying this until Vega comes out - assuming Vega delivers...
I was about to say that but what does Nvidia offer that will run 240FPS minimum on most newer titles? This is only good for games like CSGO since it can be ran on 300FPS easily and all the better players play it on low details.

Well said .... and frankly, all the "pretty" features just don't sway me or my wallet!

I was about to say that but what does Nvidia offer that will run 240FPS minimum on most newer titles? This is only good for games like CSGO since it can be ran on 300FPS easily and all the better players play it on low details.
This is only 1080p.... the 1080Ti, Titan X (new one) and even the 1080 should run most... but the thing is - most people will want at least 1440p resolution soon, especially if they are shelling out the cash for these cards. While it's great to see this technology hitting gaming monitors, until they offer it at 4k - and GPUs can run 240FPS on 4k - they are just going to be a small niche...

I think you would be nuts to buy into freesync, it limits you so much when it comes to compatible GPUs. you're effectively locked into using AMDs best which right now is barely competing with Nvidias mid range.

Back