AOC rolls out 40-inch, 4K UHD curved monitor

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Dell’s UltraSharp 4K UP3216Q forever changed my outlook on monitors. Once a proponent of multiple standard-size monitors to boost productivity, the time I spent with Dell’s fantastic display convinced me that a single, large-screen 4K monitor was the only way to go.

One of the few reservations I had with the UltraSharp was its size. While 32 inches may sound massive if you’re coming from a more conservative monitor, it is borderline too small to run 4K natively. For that reason (and a few others, like cost), I ended up going with a 40-inch 4K TV to use as a monitor.

Had AOC’s new monitor been available just a few months ago, my purchasing decision would have been a lot tougher.

The AOC C4008VU8 features a 40-inch curved 4K (3,840 x 2,160 resolution @ 60Hz) panel sporting 1.07 billion colors, a wide color gamut (85 percent NTSC), 20,000,000:1 contrast ratio and a brightness rating of 300 cd/m² with a 5ms response time. The screen also includes flicker-free technology to help reduce eye fatigue and dual integrated 5W speakers.

Connectivity options include a VGA port, multiple HDMI ports, four USB 3.0 ports and two DisplayPort 1.2 ports as well as line-in and line-out jacks.

The AOC C4008VU8 is available as of writing for just north of $800 at a variety of retailers including Amazon, Best Buy and Newegg, just to name a few.

Permalink to story.

I want a 32" 4K Monitor at a decent price, take ASUS for example they're selling 28" ones for £378 and then 32" for like a £1000! something under £600 would be ideal :)

The AOC C4008VU8 is available as of writing for just north of $800 at a variety of retailers including Amazon, Best Buy and Newegg, just to name a few.

Mah man Shawn! Hah, that's great. I remember having a complaint one time about always forgetting when this new stuff comes out, and sometimes forget to check back on them. Not that I will ever buy any of this stuff, but I like to stay aware. lol

"AOC rolls out 40-inch, 4K UHD curved monitor".
One would expect a curved monitor to roll but for $800 I'd expect it to do a spectacular wheelspin as well.

Needs to be wider.

1742.JPG

I can't imagine anyone needing a 40 inch monitor...seems to big for me. may as well just buy a tv
I use tvs as monitors. I have since 2006. 40 inch is nice. I can set it back further and use my desk space. I have 3 screens set up.

See right now I use BenQ BL3200 and I was looking into that 4K one, is it good for gaming? :)
I don't really use it for gaming as I don't have enough GPU power at the moment to play in 4K with "acceptable" performance (only a single 980 hooked up to it). I can tell you that it's a 60 Hz panel, has really good color range and accuracy, has a ton of inputs, and has a nice physical puck for controlling the OSD. I have no complaints at all and the little I did try gaming with it was fine other than my frame rate. I didn't play with it enough to pay attention to lag. No tearing or anything and the bezel is small enough to keep it aesthetically pleasing. I use it mainly for content creation and other administrative tasks since I wanted to run 4K without any scaling.

Back