Aolsoftware.exe running high -- log attached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehe

Been having recent issues with a process called aolsoftware.exe maxing my CPU usage, causing massive lag and Windows XP to hang/freeze. I'm not sure if this is even relevant, but it generally starts acting up during or soon after my daily Cracked.com journey. System-wide AVG scan shows 'all clear' minus tracking cookies. What tends to happen is my computer will begin to lag, so I check my processes and see that it's aolsoftware acting up again, so I end the process and it appears again soon after, only this time my comp seizes up and I have to do a hard reboot.

I'd be grateful for a look-see, you benevolent individuals. Logs attached, though the aolsoftware issue wasn't currently occurring at the time the log was generated.

Attachments

• VeheHJT.log
    9.2 KB · Views: 7
Do the TechSpot 8 steps: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Skip no steps (do not install another virus scanner if you already have one, ask me before installing a Firewall).
avg

Most importantly update MalwareBytes (MBAM) and SuperAntiSpyware (SAS)!

Before you scan with either MalwareBytes or SuperAntiSpyWare do the Extra Configs below these have become most important lately

SuperAntispyware extra config

After installed double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.

Update the program definitions.

Click the Preferences button.

Then Scanning Control.

In Scanner Options make sure all boxes are checked except #3 Ignore System Restore.. are checked:

MalwareBytes extra config

After update but before running
Click settings and confirm all are Checked.

I repeat Update these 2 programs.

Run them and attach their logs.

Mike

Is AOL your Internet provider?

If not look in Add/Remove programs and uninstall it!

If not there then do a Windows search (click Advanced Options and select System, Hidden and Subfolders) search for aolsoft*.* and delete.

Mike

I don't have AOL as an ISP; the only AOL program on my computer is AIM, and I just upgraded to the newest version (6.8) and haven't it happen again...yet.

OK good!

But if you want to be sure just post the logs or not.

If you do I will check them.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back