1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple preparing to launch 15-inch MacBook Air in Q1 2012

By Shawn Knight · 8 replies
Nov 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is planning to launch new MacBook Air models in the first quarter of 2012. The Air will be available in 11.6-inch, 13.3-inch and 15-inch panel sizes to compete directly…

Read the whole story

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,424   +1,705

God damn it, I ordered Macbook Air just two days ago, will wait for another week before I receive it, and it is already announced obsolete... :(

3. backo

backo TS Enthusiast Posts: 59   +8

"...to compete directly with PC-based ultrabooks..." - the MacBook is a PC... Apple makes PCs, Dell makes PCs, Acer makes PCs, HP makes PCs... these are all the same thing - Personal Computers! Who the hell decided that PCs made by Apple are something else!? I can call Alienware PCs "Aliens" but this will not make them extraterrestrial.

4. Nahh Backo, Apple computers run OS X. It's in a different league. "PC"s are full of crapware, "Home" versions of that Windows monstrosity and mediocre designs to keep the price looking cheaper than a Mac. But believe me, you'll get what you pay for.

5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 3,031   +787

Well thats the biggest load of crap i've ever read...

6. Great rebuttal B117. I guess that's the other difference between Macs and PCs.

7. I believe you may have just been trolled.

8. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 3,031   +787

Damn it, I got trolled :( why can I never get Rick Rolled?!

9. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,424   +1,705

Apple is also making Home edition of Mac OS, see link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y

...and, you are welcome ;)