Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC specs recommend some powerful hardware

midian182

Staff member

While console gamers are currently enjoying what is said to be the best entry in the Assassin’s Creed series for years, we PC owners have to hang on until November 19th before Assassin’s Creed Syndicate is released on the platform. For anyone wondering if they’ll need to upgrade their rig before then in order enjoy Syndicate to its fullest, Ubisoft has published the official specs required to run the game.

Ubisoft states the minimum specifications as an Intel i5 2400 clocked at 2.5GHz or, for those with an AMD-based system, an AMD FX 6350 at 3.9GHz. It also asks for 6GB of system RAM and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or an AMD Radeon R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0).

The game’s recommended specs are pretty demanding. Ubisoft says that for a “recommend experience” when playing at a full HD resolution the game requires a video card of at least 3GB of VRAM. The company also states: “While we encourage you to fiddle with the advanced options to fully customize your gaming experience, please keep an eye out for the VRAM meter usage when you adjust these settings.”

The full recommended specifications include an Intel Core i7 3770 clocked at 3.5GHz or an AMD FX 8350 at 4.0GHz, 8GB of RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, GTX 970 or an AMD Radeon R9 280 X (3GB) or better. The game will take up 50GB of drive space.

Recommended specifications for PC games do seem to be getting steeper; Ubisoft asking for a GPU with at least 3GB of VRAM just for a '1080p experience’ seems to be asking a lot, especially as Steam’s hardware survey shows that only 22 percent of rigs have that much video memory or more. Hopefully, Syndicate will be better optimized for the PC than the last Assassin’s Creed game, Unity, which also recommended some very powerful hardware just to give the game graphical parity with the console versions - which didn't exactly have breathtaking visuals.

Permalink to story.

"Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, GTX 970 or an AMD Radeon R9 280 X (3GB) or better."

The GTX 760 and 970 are very far apart performance wise, how can they both fall in to the "Recommended" category equally, perhaps this is a typo.

Really any game that is released on PS4/XBOX1 and PC should have minimum requirements no less powerful than the hardware found inside these consoles, 6-8GB of RAM and a GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM isn't all that special anymore. And as a PC gamer this should come as no surprise that new games require hardware upgrades from time to time, it's why you chose to build a PC and not buy a console, so you can upgrade it. Am I right?

The GTX 760 and 970 are very far apart performance wise, how can they both fall in to the "Recommended" category equally, perhaps this is a typo.
Like day and night.
Being a sceptic, this tells me that the game is going to be poorly optimised for the PC, assuming you can play it, unlike Unity which was a dead loss.

There is no console port that needs an i7 CPU, even sandy bridge I5 CPUs handle console ports with ease. in fact when Steven runs his CPU breakdowns on all these console ports, the intel pentium G average 50+ FPS in pretty much every game.

I have both the GTX 760 and 970. The GTX 970 gives 40-90% more performance in games (according to my own testing), so that recommendation doesn't make sense.

The CPU requirements as usual don't make sense either; as a previous poster said, the most basic Core i5 (and in some cases, even the i3 and lower) are more than enough to get good gaming performance if you have a good GPU. Looks like they're trying to justify sales of expensive CPUs to fool inexperienced people for some reason.

The problem with all these "requirements" is that the minimum are too high and the recommended too low.I think in a lot of games, the recommended requirements are designed for 30fps and/or "high" graphic settings, not maximum. The minimum are set high probably so people don't complain too much about low FPS (?) and maybe also to boost better hardware sales (tinfoil hat).

I think in a lot of games, the recommended requirements are designed for 30fps and/or "high" graphic settings, not maximum.

I believe that is fine, considering the recommended specs are typically what is needed to get the same experience as the console versions (which are more often than not 25-30fps).

Regarding the "high" setting, that's normally all you need. Honestly, 99.9% of the time you can't even see the difference between high and ultra, but it sure a hell cuts deeply into performance.

My 5+ year old build still meets recommend requirements!

i7 970 @ 4.2Ghz 12GB of Ram 7970Ghz = 280x

Once of my longest lasting computers ever!

------Hopefully, Syndicate will be better optimized for the PC than the last Assassin’s Creed game, Unity, which also recommended some very powerful hardware just to give the game graphical parity with the console versions - which didn't exactly have breathtaking visuals.-----

I hope you do just mean that the console versions didn't have great visuals with that comment. Speaking from experience I only just recently played the PC version, with its latest patch applied, and on my 980Ti rig at a constant 60fps max , breathtaking is definitely an accurate way to describe it visually. The only annoyance was I couldn't sustain 60fps at 1440p and had to play at 1080p.

Back