Assistance for $650-700 budget gaming PC

evilsmith

• What are you going to use the PC for?
PC is going to be used for gaming. Currently I don't play any graphic demanding games currently (Starcraft 2, League of Legends, and Dota 2) but I intend to keep this build for awhile so I want it to be able to play some future games at a decent setting. Other than that the computer will be used for videos streaming, like Hulu, Youtube, Netflix etc.
  • How much is your budget?
Budget is maximum 700 so I think aiming for around 650 without taxes would be perfect.
  • Where are you located and what sort of system do you currently have, if any? (I.e. fill out your profile)
I am currently located in California.
  • Are you going to buy online or from a retail store? (be sure to think about shipping costs in this case)
I would be buying online only, preferably Newegg.
  • Are you going to re-use anything from your current rig?
Nothing is being is re-used.
  • Do you need peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, amongst others?
I have every peripheral except for a mouse. I'll probably just be buying a cheap $10 mouse.
  • Have you already bought any components?
No components have been bought.
  • Do you already have an Operating System (OS) or will you be buying one? (this may add a significant amount of cost to a low-budget system)
No OS is necessary as my school gives out free Windows.
  • Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?
No aftermarket cooling will be necessary or watercooling.

Side Note: I had an issue last time with the motherboard and CPU not being compatible (even though both said they were compatible) due to the BIOS not being updated. So hopefully I can avoid that issue again.

Anyways hopefully I can get some help and advice.Thanks in advance, I have never been disappointed by the TechSpot community when asking for help.

Back