Asus G73jh Webcam Not Detected

I've been working on this webcam issue of mine for about the past five hours now. I've literally gone through, deleted off Lifeframe, Virtual Camera, Smart Logon, downloaded the drivers and keep getting an error "USB2.0 UVC VGA/1.3m/2.0M WebCam" every time I try running any of the drivers for it. I'm frustrated because I just installed a new one thinking my old one was perhaps defective. I've checked BIOS and haven't seen anything in reference to webcam, there's no imaging devices section in my Device Manager and I'm just completely confused as to what the heck is wrong. :(

If I can put any more information to be more assisting in my issue I will but for now this is all I've got.

After having the same issue and wrestling with it for ever, I finally found out how to do it, go to device manager, right click the webcam > drivers> delete drivers, and when the pop up .. pops up :p , check off the delete software drivers or what ever it says, then OK, then right click in device manager, and press scan for hardware changes, and aslong as you have your laptop connected to the internet with the option to search windows update for drivers on, you're good to go! :D

Back