Asus GeForce RTX 3070 TUF Gaming and MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio Review

Seems like two decent options with better cooling performance.

If were to go with an ASUS card, I'd probably wait for the ROG Strix model though.

That MIGHT make sense from Nvidia’s standpoint... but why would MSI or Asus care about that? They’ll certainly have AMD offerings as well...
Because they got large stock of RTX 3070-s to sell, which may not do too well after RX 6000 arrives. And they need to keep nVidia happy, as the main supplier.

These companies are so big, they get very big discounts from nVidia, under condition that they will sell the product in large quantities. So they have to fulfil their part of the bargain.

Because they got large stock of RTX 3070-s to sell, which may not do too well after RX 6000 arrives. And they need to keep nVidia happy, as the main supplier.

These companies are so big, they get very big discounts from nVidia, under condition that they will sell the product in large quantities. So they have to fulfil their part of the bargain.
Ok then... we’ve seen the announcement for 6000 series... and the 3070 still looks like the better buy, since it provides virtually the same performance at a cheaper price.

But history has also told us that Nvidia cards will fly off the shelf even if there is an amd card that is comparable...

Lastly, we’ve already seen that stock is a HUGE issue with Nvidia cards... so I highly doubt that anything is being rushed out simply to beat AMD... if it’s being rushed out, it’s simply to get sold!

Ok then... we’ve seen the announcement for 6000 series... and the 3070 still looks like the better buy, since it provides virtually the same performance at a cheaper price.

But history has also told us that Nvidia cards will fly off the shelf even if there is an amd card that is comparable...

Lastly, we’ve already seen that stock is a HUGE issue with Nvidia cards... so I highly doubt that anything is being rushed out simply to beat AMD... if it’s being rushed out, it’s simply to get sold!
That's because AMD has been sabotaging their video products via poor-quality drivers.

I'm sick of hearing Radeon and "driver issues" or "poor drivers" meme. This over-used cliché has been going on for far too long, even by those who DON'T own a Raedon. Many complain, but I haven't been able to replicate any of those issues since I got my 5700XT. It's by Sapphire.

Before Nvidia had been leading the graphics card race,(where I used to purchase the top cards from Nvidia when the prices were still reasonable, until my last Nvidia purchase 980Ti), I used to use Radeon products from the days of ATI Radeon 9800 Pro to the X series - X1950. And I was always okay with them. I switched to Nvidia in between, not because of driver issues, but wanted faster cards at that time. Until Nvidia became too greedy and has been overcharging with hugely bloated prices.

Fortunately the 3070 and 3080 trash it's own over-bloated 2080Ti prices and is a good start, for good value cards.

I'll wait for the 6800XT reviews and prices before making the final decision this year.

And if it's 6800XT, I will always go for Sapphire or Powercolor variants. These are the two of my trusted brands when it comes to Radeon.

I'm sick of hearing Radeon and "driver issues" or "poor drivers" meme. This over-used cliché has been going on for far too long, even by those who DON'T own a Raedon. Many complain, but I haven't been able to replicate any of those issues since I got my 5700XT. It's by Sapphire.

Before Nvidia had been leading the graphics card race,(where I used to purchase the top cards from Nvidia when the prices were still reasonable, until my last Nvidia purchase 980Ti), I used to use Radeon products from the days of ATI Radeon 9800 Pro to the X series - X1950. And I was always okay with them. I switched to Nvidia in between, not because of driver issues, but wanted faster cards at that time. Until Nvidia became too greedy and has been overcharging with hugely bloated prices.

Fortunately the 3070 and 3080 trash it's own over-bloated 2080Ti prices and is a good start, for good value cards.

I'll wait for the 6800XT reviews and prices before making the final decision this year.

And if it's 6800XT, I will always go for Sapphire or Powercolor variants. These are the two of my trusted brands when it comes to Radeon.
I started a poll on another computer forum a few years ago and something like 70% agreed with the statement that Radeon drivers have more issues vs Nvidia. In my experience, there were lesser known games that would not run properly on Radeons: Sega Rally Revo and Red Faction Guerrilla come to mind. But all the blockbuster titles ran fine (Doom, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, etc). This was on 6870 and 7870 cards, surely a lot has changed since then.

Back